GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic K04

Gidusko

Car(s)
2007 GTI
Hello,

I plan to buy a K04 in the next week or so and I have been reviewing my options. I want the unitronic k04 kit because from the website it doesn't require S3 injectors but they want $2500. I just spoke with a nice guy at Unitronic name Ben and he seemed to think their kit required the injectors too. Does anybody know if that is correct?

I was looking for stand alone k04 software that uses the rs4 fpr (purchased already). but only see DM as an option... Ive not had good communications with them. Are there any other Options?

Im looking for the most competitive combo of hardware and software deals.

CTS kit $1650
Spulen $1699
APR with software $2299 Injectors required
Unitronic with software $2499 Injectors probably required

Unitronic software $650
APR Software 809
REVO 699
DM 675 no injectors required

Anybody aware of others im not aware?

Thanks

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Have you thought about piecing together your own K04 kit? It's not hard and I can talk you through the whole thing. I did my whole K04 install for $700 and that's including EVERYTHING nuts, bolts, gaskets, specialty tools and coolant.

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
Unitronic does require S3 injectors. I thought the same as you because Uni list their kit as only needing an HPFP, FMIC, and Intake but if you check the K04 software page it says it requires S3 injectors.

I believe Eurodyne requires injectors for their off the shelf K04 file, but if you get the Mastero package you could set it up for the increased rail pressure instead I suppose. Otherwise DM is the only software provider that I'm aware of tuning for stock injectors on K04.

Gidusko

Car(s)
2007 GTI
yeah, I have thought about it. but a new OEM borg warner turbo is 1295, Id need to get the turbo outlet pipe since its not modified and some sort of DV relocate. Till it was said and done with the sales going on 1650 isnt bad for hardware alone. The biggest issue is finding the tuning option that doesnt deal with injectors. 700 is insane!

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Does Uni use the stock or a 3bar/golf R MAP sensor?

Gidusko

Car(s)
2007 GTI
Uni uses the stock map sensor.

So does DM btw. I tried and tried an tried to get with them back may, jun,july,aug. and neever ever got a reply to emails FB messages. I called most distributors and even the one who was trying to get me a loader and map for KO4+ texted me a said I give up im sorry. I gave it one more shot a couple weeks ago and got a reply in a day which was great but they no longer sell map loader and the 3 Bar map sensor is no longer used.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Running a DM K04+ tune with a 3-Bar sensor now.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Hello,

I plan to buy a K04 in the next week or so and I have been reviewing my options. I want the unitronic k04 kit because from the website it doesn't require S3 injectors but they want $2500. I just spoke with a nice guy at Unitronic name Ben and he seemed to think their kit required the injectors too. Does anybody know if that is correct?

I was looking for stand alone k04 software that uses the rs4 fpr (purchased already). but only see DM as an option... Ive not had good communications with them. Are there any other Options?

Im looking for the most competitive combo of hardware and software deals.

CTS kit $1650
Spulen $1699
APR with software $2299 Injectors required
Unitronic with software $2499 Injectors probably required

Unitronic software $650
APR Software 809
REVO 699
DM 675 no injectors required

Anybody aware of others im not aware?

Thanks

I'm very sorry for any confusion, as I believe Ben tried to reach out to you by phone shortly after you guys spoke to clarify further.

If you purchase our (Unitronic) K04 Kit, it does NOT require S3 injectors. However, if you're not using our (Unitronic) K04 Kit, S3 injectors are required for use our our standard non-Unitronic K04 Kit Stage 2+ file.

Unitronic does require S3 injectors. I thought the same as you because Uni list their kit as only needing an HPFP, FMIC, and Intake but if you check the K04 software page it says it requires S3 injectors.

I believe Eurodyne requires injectors for their off the shelf K04 file, but if you get the Mastero package you could set it up for the increased rail pressure instead I suppose. Otherwise DM is the only software provider that I'm aware of tuning for stock injectors on K04.

Please read above.

Does Uni use the stock or a 3bar/golf R MAP sensor?

Stock 2.5bar MAP is retained.

Let me know if anyone has any other questions!

Gidusko

Car(s)
2007 GTI
When you look at their product page for the K04 kit a valve is shown. I would guess that they either provide the rs4 valve or some other modified valve.

Alik4041

Habibi!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
Bringing this thread back. Are there any dyno runs showing differences between the unitronic k04 kit without injectors versus a non-unitronic k04 kit with injectors? I assume the tune with injectors will be more aggressive, yes?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Bringing this thread back. Are there any dyno runs showing differences between the unitronic k04 kit without injectors versus a non-unitronic k04 kit with injectors? I assume the tune with injectors will be more aggressive, yes?

It might or might not be more aggressive. Not sure what your goals are. If you are trying to push the very limits of the K04 and every hp matters then go with the injectors and run a 100 octane tune (with water meth you can run a tune like this daily, I have for 3 years). If you are looking to save money by running stock injectors and are ok with giving up a little bit then the Uni kit should be fine.

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
Have you thought about piecing together your own K04 kit? It's not hard and I can talk you through the whole thing. I did my whole K04 install for $700 and that's including EVERYTHING nuts, bolts, gaskets, specialty tools and coolant.

Please do tell, oh enlightened one! :biggrin: I have a golf R KO4 turbo & bsh throttle pipe waiting to go on but I'm kinda stalled with money after moving. I was assuming I needed injectors, a DV relocation kit & software + the install bits

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
Please do tell, oh enlightened one! :biggrin: I have a golf R KO4 turbo & bsh throttle pipe waiting to go on but I'm kinda stalled with money after moving. I was assuming I needed injectors, a DV relocation kit & software + the install bits

Here's what I did:

I saw a VW/Audi salvage yard near me had a couple MK6 Golf Rs. Bought from them a K04 w/49k miles($550), Golf R TOP($35), Golf R DV flange and hose($30). I bought a turbo install kit from ECS. I used my stock TB pipe with the Y for the noise maker which works perfectly with the Golf R DV location. I got Golf R injectors from a guy on vortex for $115. I wanted to use the stock intake so I bought a Golf R intake pipe on new on ECS for $70:frown:. The only thing I had to "rig" was the boost return hose from the DV to the intake pipe. I refuse to pay $100 for a section of hose so I bought 4 feet of 1" heater hose for $8, cut to length and its working great.

I took my time and installed everything in my garage over the course of a week, including an intake valve cleaning. Drove 15 minutes to my local APR dealer and got flashed for $300.

The car is a blast to drive. Boost hits about 24psi in the mid and tapers to about 17 at 6500. I have fresh summer tires on the front and the car hooks up pretty well in 2nd gear and snaps your head back. I took the car to the mountains last weekend, mostly 3rd gear cornering and repeatedly ran down an evo X with ease.

If you have any questions about going K04, I'll be happy to help. :thumbsup: