GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgrade desishon request.

mencho73

To fast 4 you
Car(s)
mkv gti
Hi guys need help here I have money now to buy some upgrade parts for my mkv gti german i wanna buy a intercooler and downpipe just wanna now wich one to buy first intercooler or dp only one of them can I buy rite now I have stock dp with resonator delete carbonio intake AWE diverted valve noice pipe delete can you guys help me please what else can I do afther intercooler or dp installation?:iono:

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
lol

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hold on there, OP. Do you have a Stage 1 tune? You need that FIRST.

And I looked up your island - dense population and only 170 square miles. Nice weather. Unless you have at least a Stage 2 tune forget about an intercooler. You don't need it and it will just make your car slower. You'll get only a tiny amount of power with an exhaust unless you get a tune. All you will get is more noise and your car will be slower when you take off. And like I said before, you don't have enough room to get up to much speed there anyway. Small island and a lot of people in your way.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Still, piecing it together and, knowing that you will continue modding you can still drive and enjoy it, yes?

I keep thinking of, often, hearing that nearly every time that a mkv received a remap and dyno'd, with or without mods, the mods really didn't make much difference. I remember years ago in 2006 reading article after article with dyno data showing no difference when dyno'd after a remap only, and again after a dp and intake were installed. The results were never showing any gains. This was the reason I went ahead and remapped first back then. Then I added a drop in K&N($$ waste because >). Then a p-flo intake, and that was it until doing the K04 install. Without a dp it ran great and did 14.0 et's on 91oct giac pump-flash.
To me this says whether or not you add supporting mods on a stage 1 or 2 remap really will not affect performance much at all. Doesn't it? Every one of the articles ended by stating that the oem intake and dp were very sufficient and not restricting much at all.

I still would get the DP before the fmic.
I don't think a S3 fmic will hamper performance much if any at all.