GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

when will "Bleach" not be one of the best albums of all..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I didn't say it was the best, it's just never discussed and I don't know why.

I was like 13 when he died and had right wing parents who didn't want me having rock music in the house. I had to sneak stuff in, you should've seen my mom's face when I was smuggling White Zombie back to school...

its on live tonight sold out - a MUST HAVE for any fan. It has the electric version (albeit cut off) of Something in the Way that is absolutely incredible.

hell yeah on white zombie! that was one of the first commercial/non local punk shows I went to.

i would do anything to have gone to a nirvana concert.. unfortunately i was only 3 years old when he passed.

damn dude, stop reminding me how young you are! :eek:

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I've always loved this song.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
its on live tonight sold out - a MUST HAVE for any fan. It has the electric version (albeit cut off) of Something in the Way that is absolutely incredible.
True story: I bought that on VHS with a friend when we went to the mall (paid the mall-movie-music-store price of $29.99 for it) and had to store it at his house to watch it there. That version of Something In the Way was so fantastic and I really wish they had recorded a studio version.

Here it is for people who don't know about it. God, I love YouTube.

kashak

Ready to race!

hell yeah on white zombie! that was one of the first commercial/non local punk shows I went to.

damn dude, stop reminding me how young you are! :eek:

It also has the most baller version of Negative Creep, Grohl's drumming is amazing. I'm still trying to find that version of SITW

McQueen77

Banned
Nirvana is prob my favorite band ever and On a plain is my favorite nirvana song. Comparing bleach and nevermind is kind of like comparing early beatles singles to revolver or led Zeppelin I with Houses of the Holy.... Bleach showed potential but no one would ever mention it again hadn't he shown his brilliance as a shrewd craftsman of pop music. Not to mention a vast difference in production quality. Everyone likes to pass off nevermind and play the cool card by saying bleach was IT or whatever but there's really know comparison in terms of hooks, songwriting craft, vocal chops, part writing, arrangements etc. Going in the in utero direction was shrewd as ever.. While it was far more raw, especially with Albini to engineer and "produce it", they still ended up having the two main singles remixes by Andy Wallace, possibly the one most responsible for the sound and sheen of Nevermind. It's not like Cobain didn't think Albini's mixes sucked too..

Saw nirvana new years eve '94 at Oakland coliseum with buttonhole surfers. Saw AIC at Lollapolooza same year with primus and rage when they were unknowns. We played at the Neptune in Seattle last fall and the front of house guy was telling us that layne's apartment was literally across the alley a block down, where they found him. I also loosely know his old business mgr. And the way they knew there was a problem and that layne might be dead was one day, all the ATM transactions stopped. When some days went by without any activity, gotta keep taking cash out to cop, they went ton his place and found him.Facelift changed my life when I was in high school.

So much great music from that time. Such sincerity.

Last edited:

McQueen77

Banned
Come on, people...can't tell me this wasn't the fucking SHIT when we were growing up.

...and yes, John...he is seriously the best ROCK (Jeff Buckley is overall the best IMO) vocalist in recent history.

Love the earlier Soundgarden stuff but this one, off of Superunknown is an incredible song. Pure sludge

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
good songs guys, agreed, and also really like Fresh Tendrill's and Like Suicide off of superunknown as well. stoner sludge indeed.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Oh man...4th of july was absolutely killer. Definitely pure sludge. There was another track near the end of the album that was also really intense...can't remember the name.

Oh yeah...the last song...like suicide!

Ok...now I have to go dig the CD out of the closet, rip it to mp3 and dump it on my iPod.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
PITCH BLACK 07 GTI
Bleach by far in my opinion was their best. For me at least. It moved me emotionally at that time in my life when I was listening to Punk: Screeching Weezel, Minor Threat, Misfits...etc.
And while those bands are great. In my mind they seemed gimmicky to me from that point. As in maybe not as moving to me.

P

plac

Bleach by far in my opinion was their best. For me at least. It moved me emotionally at that time in my life when I was listening to Punk: Screeching Weezel, Minor Threat, Misfits...etc.
And while those bands are great. In my mind they seemed gimmicky to me from that point. As in maybe not as moving to me.

i was robbing newpaper machines listening to Misfits - Walk Among Us in probably 1990. i just tagged along (with our hard core punkers in our town most of which were homeless) in their 70's wagon as the mechanic, it never ran quite right. luckily we never got caught, had some close calls being chased by newspaper vans. that wagon was sprayed top to bottom with punk graffiti. The two I remember most were Skate and Shred. Shred plays drums in a punk band to this very day, i saw a pic of him recently.

ha.. they seem to have a new song Devils Rain.. (Misfits) it started playing when i went to their site.
http://www.misfits.com/
Misfits was a very fun time in my life too..

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Yes, if by "overrated" you mean "amazinglyoutstandingandwhollydeservingoftheirfame."