• C6

Votes: 25 67.6%

• Total voters

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Get a 02-04 Z06... C5

There's nothing a Z06 does that a base coupe can't be made to do better.

No, no, yes.

;)

it's super easy and actually "fun" to do. Great kit, made in the US, about 15mins from my house, lol.

Oh, awesome...so you don't remove the calipers at all? That'll be easy then.

we tried.. dude bitched out tho :lol: ;)

JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK

Targas make bitches wet, doe.

Meh Z06 meh. I'm going to go five my C5 Targa to the go kart track and destroy my lady friend's lap times.

Dis.

FYI the rear brake ducts are useless except to feed air to aftermarket diff/trans coolers or an intercooler if you're really badass.

VERY good to know.

Just because.

Here's a neighbor's recent acquisition:

That looks just like the one I still have reserved.

That is beyond awesome.

Seriously. If i had the imagination and/or fab skills, I'd build something around this.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
that viper deal.. someone make it happen, lol.

yep, no removing nothing.. use some painters tape and some newspapers on the ground.

Any car can be better than any car with the right mods/money ;)

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I mean, that Viper could be made better than a Z06 with a wind shield and a new steering wheel. Total investment = $15k.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
You don't want headaches and work though, which is why you sold the Pacer?

:word:

If you're going that route, do what I keep thinking about. Buy a Factory Five Kit. Any Kit. Get the parts coming in and build a car over the Winter.

The only way I would buy that C5 Z would be as a partial donor for a GTM kit. If I had a dedicated shop available to me, I'd already have one FF Cobra built and something else in the works by now. I just don't have the proper space to work on it w/o putting dust and metal on my other cars.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'10 GTI, miata, vers
didnt read all last 4 pages, but looks like your on board the c5 train. glad you'll be happy.

dont buy a kit car.

my standard response about the green car/kitcars:
"My advice: dont. its fantastically expensive, its never as good as your thought, the time it takes to build is 4x whatever they tell you. If you HAVE to have a kit car buy one used.
but there are way easier ways to build stuff for way less money and go way faster.

Porsche 944, 914 (but dont!), AWD things powered by 4g63's or boxer engines, etc.

and if you have to have a kit car get a 7.

but my last bit of advice.....get a motorcycle.
fuck kit cars.
good luck"

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I like the idea of a GTM or SLC but in reality am much more likely to put a hard top and some aero on an mr2 spyder, then do a built turbro motor. 400+ hp at 2300 lbs mid engine for like 20 grand to do it right - but that would be a trailered track car.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I screwed up the damn headlight motor fix :lol:

Put the little spindle in the motor backwards. Also had to replace my battery today. I guess some initial little headaches on a new 10+ year old car are inevitable.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I also ordered the steering wheel lock bypass device, so that will be going on in a few weeks when I'm home again (I'm just making this the official Corvette discussion thread).