GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

ck28

No I didnt BUT IGO is fine. Its just the Red Win CE time thats wrong.

Bazzle

After installed the time jumping patch on mine and added 2 lines in sys.txt, noticed the time shown in IGO is always 8 hours behind that in Win CE, so I set the time in Win CE 8 hours ahead and it works perfectly.

Magnum

Car(s)
VW EOS
Alexsnowflake do you have the 6050 with USB cable or without?

Edited: searching the net i found that waywell 6050 have zoran processor, but witson d723v (that i own) have sunplus. Is it true?

Last edited:

loutza

After installed the time jumping patch on mine and added 2 lines in sys.txt, noticed the time shown in IGO is always 8 hours behind that in Win CE, so I set the time in Win CE 8 hours ahead and it works perfectly.

I can confirm this.
I live the timezone as is, and set the time and date.
I put in sys.txt the 2 lines and its all ok.

RP3081

Morning,

I am having issues with my bluetooth pairing. I have the version with the USB on the back so it is one of the newer models. When i try to pair my phone (Palm Pre) it pairs perfectly and quickly, HOWEVER, when it is paired, i cannot press anything on the screen. It's as if the screen is frozen. Is it like this because it is trying to synch my contacts?

Im pretty sure i have a TON and if that's the case it will take forever at this pace.

Anyone else have these issues?

THANKS!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

OK So the Palm Pre, although being a great phone, does not support pushing contacts to carkits, which the bluetooth shows up as. Is there anyway to turn off the phonebook feature? i would rather have the bluetooth function not freezing my unit without contacts.

Anyone have any suggestions?

thrillhouse

Passed Driver's Ed
Morning,

I am having issues with my bluetooth pairing. I have the version with the USB on the back so it is one of the newer models. When i try to pair my phone (Palm Pre) it pairs perfectly and quickly, HOWEVER, when it is paired, i cannot press anything on the screen. It's as if the screen is frozen. Is it like this because it is trying to synch my contacts?

Im pretty sure i have a TON and if that's the case it will take forever at this pace.

Anyone else have these issues?

THANKS!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

OK So the Palm Pre, although being a great phone, does not support pushing contacts to carkits, which the bluetooth shows up as. Is there anyway to turn off the phonebook feature? i would rather have the bluetooth function not freezing my unit without contacts.

Anyone have any suggestions?
The new 1.2 webOS for the Pre should allow pushing of contacts. I haven't tried it yet though

RP3081

The new 1.2 webOS for the Pre should allow pushing of contacts. I haven't tried it yet though

Thanks Buddy!!!

I'll try it. I think it may also have to do something with the abundance of facebook and gmail contacts. I have deleted those accounts from my phone and will try it again. I'll keep you posted.

Us pre/wd6050 members need to stick together! :thumbup:

PeteGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 GOLF 5 GTI

I tried setting the WinCe time ahead by 10 hours but it jumps back, no matter what I set it to. Time Jump patch doesn't help this.

alfa8285

WINCE HACK problems

hi petrutms, i download your last hack for W6050 and follow your istructions.
But now i have problems.
When i push NAVI button appear first system initializing, and after a windows with and error: "MSKBoot: createfile fail!".
I attach a photo.
Now touchscreen doesn't work.
What is the problems?
I follow all your point.
Help me please.
Bye, Alessandro.

Attachments

• DSCF4635.JPG
    DSCF4635.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,355

petrutms

Developer
replied on pm. We need latest mk4 firmware files anyway, the files are waaaaay different that the ones for the first version (mk1). Soon i`ll post a version of my hack for mk4 version only, and instructions to check if system is compatible. I can`t believe it how many hardware and software differences are between platforms ( mk1-> mk4), and not only on gps part.