GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

Magnum

Car(s)
VW EOS
Wolf NCU is a shell application, skinable with gauge for speed, reading the speed from gps.
I am currently having a problem to get the gauge working but as soon as i solve this
i will post a guide for Wolf NCU.
You can watch videos on youtube for Wolf NCU.

Jayro

Old Newbie
Battery Drain Problem

Hi, I am having issue with the battery drain. I left the car for 4 days and now it wont start. I looked around the forum but couldn't find anything.
I would love to know if anyone has found a solution to this problem.

Thank you,
Alexsnowflake has positivly Identified the problem as the Cars Central Canbus Controller not recieving the right message from the radio when it is switched off, and so keeps looking for it, using power and draining the battery.
A rectifiying solution has been found,by installing a Relay to cut off the canbus + line when the radio is switched off.
Search his posts for complete info.

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Reversing Camera

(Cant remember if I posted this before?)

I fitted one to my W6050.(Got camera off member on here:thumbsup:)
Works very well
Fitted one of the ones that replaces the right hand number plate light on my MkV Golf R32.
Just clipped in place.
It came with RF transmitter and receiver but I did not use that part.
I ran the 2 wires to the head unit.
Went thru a grommet behind spare wheel in rear of boot, along the orig loom, under rear seat and along door sill.
Then under front carpet and plugged in the RCA to the W6050 lead marked "camera" and joined the positive lead from camera to the same wire (blue) that goes to the aerial power.
I ran the black earth from the camera to a screw I drilled into a bracket under taillight.
Comes on every time I go into reverse gear automatically.:w00t:

Bazzle

Attachments

• Rear camera11.jpg
    Rear camera11.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,549
  • Reversing-Camera-Only-Used-for-Volkswagen-Polo-Golf-Passat-CA538-.jpg
    Reversing-Camera-Only-Used-for-Volkswagen-Polo-Golf-Passat-CA538-.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,527

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
A rectifiying solution has been found,by installing a Relay to cut off the canbus + line when the radio is switched off.
Search his posts for complete info.
NO!!! Don't do it! I cut off my CAN-bus from device and plug ACC wire to ACC signal. And after it I have drain problem. CAN-gateway searches the radio and doesn't sleep if radio is not found. I did think that gateway searches it some time and go to sleep mode after timeout. No, it isn't right.

Possible solutions (if you have a drain problem with plugged MT6501):
1) change a can gateway to new version
2) disable Radio in CAN-gateway settings by VAG-COM test tool.

Solutions are not tested but one of serviceman from VW said it.

Jayro

Old Newbie
Battery Drain

NO!!! Don't do it! I cut off my CAN-bus from device and plug ACC wire to ACC signal. And after it I have drain problem. CAN-gateway searches the radio and doesn't sleep if radio is not found. I did think that gateway searches it some time and go to sleep mode after timeout. No, it isn't right.

Possible solutions (if you have a drain problem with plugged MT6501):
1) change a can gateway to new version
2) disable Radio in CAN-gateway settings by VAG-COM test tool.

Solutions are not tested but one of serviceman from VW said it.

Alex with respect your modiification was different to Alex Snowflake modification.
What VW service said to you I think would work ok with the your mod.(programing out the radio)
Alexsnowflake's solution keeps all Canbus functions and plug and play wiring and seems to stop the battery drain. See the post's on page 187 from post No.4099

PeteGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 GOLF 5 GTI
So.
In the wince side leave the timezone as it is, and set only the time and date!!!!!!!

Put this lines in igo sys.txt file, erasing your matching old ones:

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

You can also edit the second config file for igo (sistem.ini) from "save" folder and verify if you have this lines in:

[timezone]
tzdst="1"
auto_index="296"
sync_time="0"
use_auto="0"
index="3"

I have igo 8.3.4 with this settings and it works fine, no time jump!!!
good luck.

I can set the time and date, and when I turn the unit off and on again the time will change. Dont Use Igo as it is crap for South Africa.

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
Alex with respect your modiification was different to Alex Snowflake modification.
What VW service said to you I think would work ok with the your mod.(programing out the radio)
Alexsnowflake's solution keeps all Canbus functions and plug and play wiring and seems to stop the battery drain. See the post's on page 187 from post No.4099
Jayro, Alexsnowflake said about cutting only one wire of CAN bus. Not both! Sorry, I didn't understand that you mean only plus wire.
Also solution with relay may doesn't have any effect on different VW platform.
So, I mean that cutting of both CAN-bus wires may make a problem.

PS: If turn off Radio in CAN gateway settings, you lose buttons on wheel for device.

Alexsnowflake

Passed Driver's Ed
Alex,

if you remove the radio from the devices installed in the car using VCDS cable then you won't be able to turn on the unit. That's not an option and even doing that the current drain goes down but not to the normal level.
Using a relay to interrupt CAN+ and CAN- will work but the only one needed to be interrupted is the CAN+. With that battery drain issue is gone.

Jayro, Alexsnowflake said about cutting only one wire of CAN bus. Not both! Sorry, I didn't understand that you mean only plus wire.

PS: If turn off Radio in CAN gateway settings, you lose buttons on wheel for device.

Jayro

Old Newbie
Isolating Can+

Alex I also discussed with Alexsnowflake about cutting both canbus wires when radio and car is off. (as Can + and Can - are seperate lines) not positive and negative.
He done a test with both Can lines and found that Can - did not make any difference to the battery drain current when cut at the same time as Can+.

Yes Alex I agree with you about losing control of steering wheel control buttons, but the relay only cuts the Can + line when the car is switched off, and so you do need the buttons when you are sleeping in the house (I hope).
As you say, different platforms and different radio head units may give different results, but at least his solution had a positive result on the ones he has tried (4 seperate cars, but the head units were all the same from waywell).I have been lucky so far, no real problems I only wish for a little better FM reception and I have a 15db gain amp on its way to try.

Lean

Is there anyone in the yorkshire area or northeast/west area that can help me install my unit with rear reverse and dvb-t? :)

yasgard

Ready to race!
Here is a pic with instructions. Have no pics of the climatronic to show where to connect the +12V of the relay if wanted to be used instead of the lighter contact which is not as close as the climatronic wire.

has anyone made it with this tutorial?? if yes please tell me how to do it, im seriously getting sick of changing my battery every 2 weeks :mad0259:

SonicMrSumo

Rock and/or Roll!
Using the Bluetooth on my unit with my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic causes the whole WD6050 to freeze.

The Bluetooth worked with my Sony Ericsson K800i.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

SonicMrSumo

Rock and/or Roll!
Using the Bluetooth on my unit with my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic causes the whole WD6050 to freeze.

The Bluetooth worked with my Sony Ericsson K800i.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Actually, I just tried reducing the length of the name on my phone. It was previously "Nokia 5800 XpressMusic". I've changed this to "Tim", and it seems to work now.

I'll report back if I have any further issues...but it could be as simple as the WD6050 having issues with long device names!

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Here you have my latest wince hack. I modified it so will work on any wince, no matter if is english or chinese, mk1 or mk4 version of mt6501, or any other device. The script is made to work instantly on mt6501 platform but can be adapted to work on any device.
Please read install instructions and follow them !!!!

Download here

pictures :

Has anyone else tried this File? (w6050 mk1)

Can you go back to standard if you wish later?

Thanks Bazzle