GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
Alex,
if you remove the radio from the devices installed in the car using VCDS cable then you won't be able to turn on the unit. That's not an option and even doing that the current drain goes down but not to the normal level.
Using a relay to interrupt CAN+ and CAN- will work but the only one needed to be interrupted is the CAN+. With that battery drain issue is gone.
I have external ACC and ILLUM signals. So, I have a drain problem if I disconnect both CAN-wires permanently (I don't need the CAN, I don't have the buttons on wheel). After closing the car the drain is very high. And maybe your solution doesn't work on Tiguan'08 platform. I'm not sure, but without CAN my car doesn't sleep.

Also if you want to have ACC signal (it may be implement for relay and for work of device in position 0 of key), you may buy PHONOCAR 5/143 adapter. Connect ACC signal to ACC wire through diode and in your solution to relay. You must get a working device in all three positions of key, with buttons and other, and no drain problem in your solution.

mertbasaran

Has anyone else tried this File? (w6050 mk1)

Can you go back to standard if you wish later?

Thanks Bazzle

I have just tried this file on w6050 Mk3. It works fine. I followed the instruction , No problem, Just Music Player doesn't work. Maybe desktop icon path is not correct. You can always go back to main screen by using main shell icon shortcut.

@Petrutms--> Thanks a lot for detail information and for the software.

Regards
Mert

PeteGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 GOLF 5 GTI
I'm going to try removing the garmin SD Card and see over the next few days if the time is jumping around. Might be the garmin software starting up thats effecting WinCe Time.

petrutms

Developer
I have just tried this file on w6050 Mk3. It works fine. I followed the instruction , No problem, Just Music Player doesn't work. Maybe desktop icon path is not correct. You can always go back to main screen by using main shell icon shortcut.

Regards
Mert

mk1 to mk4 versions have different windows ce builds, some are missing .dll files. The best version is the one from mk4 versions. Seems that you are missing aygshell.dll or gx.dll from windows, i`ll add them here later so the music player will work, but there is a chance that will not work on you device. There are instructions how to add .dll files in windows folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1dfmmjwctdw

copy all files inside to /nwdflash/$msd$/app/ , overwrite when asked. This will replace default videoplayer to coreplayer v1.3.6 (last), and add missing files. If still doesnt work, you must search for diifferent versions of aygshell.dll and gx.dll.

Last edited:

GOLFMK-V

Passed Driver's Ed
Also if you want to have ACC signal (it may be implement for relay and for work of device in position 0 of key), you may buy PHONOCAR 5/143 adapter. Connect ACC signal to ACC wire through diode and in your solution to relay. You must get a working device in all three positions of key, with buttons and other, and no drain problem in your solution.

i take the new 6530,and i not have light in unit buttons,and for close the unit with key car i do exaktly tha same with you so ectra cble from relay conecte to acc ,but and in this case no lights in unit buttons when the lights of car its in onn position,my golf v its from 2004,simple, no mfd and no buttons on wheel,eksist any soulution for work the unit and light buttons WITHOUT can bus?

mertbasaran

mk1 to mk4 versions have different windows ce builds, some are missing .dll files. The best version is the one from mk4 versions. Seems that you are missing aygshell.dll or gx.dll from windows, i`ll add them here later so the music player will work, but there is a chance that will not work on you device. There are instructions how to add .dll files in windows folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1dfmmjwctdw

copy all files inside to /nwdflash/$msd$/app/ , overwrite when asked. This will replace default videoplayer to coreplayer v1.3.6 (last), and add missing files. If still doesnt work, you must search for diifferent versions of aygshell.dll and gx.dll.

I did it,but not solved the music player problem. It's not important problem.
I just realized that after the WinCE update Igo software started time jumping.

WinCE time is correct, navigation time is correct but everytime when you start igo software time is jumping.

time patch update not solved the problem, Also I changed win.txt and system.ini files like below but no change.... Do you have any idea.
I think this is not WinCe or Navigation problem. this is IGO problem but why it start with WinCE hack

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

You can also edit the second config file for igo (sistem.ini) from "save" folder and verify if you have this lines in:

[timezone]
tzdst="1"
auto_index="296"
sync_time="0"
use_auto="0"
index="3"

milkyway3011

Passed Driver's Ed
For my MT6501 with iGO8 the above described editing of the 2 files (sys.txt and system.ini) helped.
i edited the lines after i made a softreset and after i deleted the content of the "save" folder. I saw that without the sd card inserted, the time in win ce was always correct. after inserting the igo8.3 sd card everything was fine since then!

Last edited:

yasgard

Ready to race!
can someone please tell me how to fix the battery drain problem, im seriously fed up with it. Anything any solution would be appreciated.
Thanks

Alexsnowflake

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you plan to do it yourself ? do you know how to solder a few cables on a relay, etc ? If you know how to do that send me PM and I'll try better explain. If you are not sure try to find some friend who knows how to do it and I can help him to do it. I don't want you to create additional problems besides the battery issue.

can someone please tell me how to fix the battery drain problem, im seriously fed up with it. Anything any solution would be appreciated.
Thanks

Edse

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks

i read many things from battery drain problem
i have passat C3 and the MK2 version but no problem with the battery

only what i missing is no Navi by phone call this is a big mistake
but i think the never will chaince it

Greetings Edwin

http://www.acnvending.nl

oo5even

Email him on oskaramerica@hotmail.com and he will get to you. He will not rip you off, and so do not spoil the goodwill of a 1st class retailer who is probably the best online seller in the business for the rest of us.

My intention is not to spoil anyone's good will or reputation, my intention is to get what I paid for delivered in a timely fashion, or at least get responses to my emails. I have emailed him several times at that email address and am still waiting for a reply. While I understand that these things are sometimes out of his control when it comes to dealing with the supplier, I don't think that expecting a reply to an email asking for an update is out of the ordinary. I purchased from Oskar (joe) specifically because of his reputation on this thread, knowing full well that I probably could have paid less somewhere else, but wanting to support both oskar and this thread. How long is a reasonable amount of time to wait for an antenna so that I can listen to traffic reports on AM radio? I'm sure if you had an order pending and you read this
Can some of you guys please drop your paypal claims so I can get my account back ?
, you'd probably worry too.

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr

Regards
Mert

Can you still go back with the SD card removed?

Ta Bazzle

mertbasaran

For my MT6501 with iGO8 the above described editing of the 2 files (sys.txt and system.ini) helped.
i edited the lines after i made a softreset and after i deleted the content of the "save" folder. I saw that without the sd card inserted, the time in win ce was always correct. after inserting the igo8.3 sd card everything was fine since then!

Yes, You are right. WinCE was always correct. My problem is solved.

mertbasaran

wince hack has nothing to do with time jump... no windows files are modified... I never had this problem with mk4 version. The solution posted earlier works. Also please use latest Igo available ( august 13 release ), with updated data.zip and branding.zip.

Thanks a lot Petrums,
All problems solved.
Now, I will try to install mobile phone modem and reach to the Internet on WinCE.