GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
i take the new 6530,and i not have light in unit buttons,and for close the unit with key car i do exaktly tha same with you so ectra cble from relay conecte to acc ,but and in this case no lights in unit buttons when the lights of car its in onn position,my golf v its from 2004,simple, no mfd and no buttons on wheel,eksist any soulution for work the unit and light buttons WITHOUT can bus?
Do you have drain problem? My device works with lights correctly via CAN-bus.

If your unit has ILLUM and ACC inputs, you can connect it to external signals. For example, ILLUM can be taken from fuse block. Or you can buy another PHONOCAR CAN-adapter (4/050 for example) with ACC, ILLUM, REAR GEAR and PARKING SENSOR signals. We have also russian adapters locally.

PeteGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 GOLF 5 GTI
I can confirm that Garmin is messing with my WinCe Time.
I took the SD card out, set the time in WinCE, turned the car off.
This morning with the SD still removed, started the unit up and time was correct.
Put the sd in and started Garmin, time stuffed again.
So I guess its off to the GPS software forums for answers.

loutza

I can confirm that Garmin is messing with my WinCe Time.
I took the SD card out, set the time in WinCE, turned the car off.
This morning with the SD still removed, started the unit up and time was correct.
Put the sd in and started Garmin, time stuffed again.
So I guess its off to the GPS software forums for answers.
I think that like IGO, Garmin get the time and timezone from GPS device. I think you can try to set like this:
- in wince side live the timezone as it is (i think is GMT(Casablanca)) and set only the time and date)
- put Garmin to NOT Sync win gps time, NOT sync the time with wince side.

petrutms

Developer
yes you can, the files for that are in nwdflash. But the applications will not work without sd, only the desktop wiil be accesible. Just press main shell icon.

I think you can not go back with the SD card remove.
During the WinCE hack, You are copying and overwriting some files in to WinCE folder. I don't thing you have the possibilities to go back.

GOLFMK-V

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have drain problem? My device works with lights correctly via CAN-bus.

If your unit has ILLUM and ACC inputs, you can connect it to external signals. For example, ILLUM can be taken from fuse block. Or you can buy another PHONOCAR CAN-adapter (4/050 for example) with ACC, ILLUM, REAR GEAR and PARKING SENSOR signals. We have also russian adapters locally.
hi,yes i have ILLUM and ACC in my unit,for first i conect the unit in regolar mode acc-to acc cable,can+ to can+,can- to can - etc,in this case the unit close only with remote control and no with the key car,no light in buttons,for close the unit with key car,i take the external cable from relay and conectd this cable to acc cable from unit,ok its work the unit close from key care,and not have drain problem,but and in this case no light in buttons,i thing this happen bechose my golf its from 2004 and maby the can bus from car not working good with unit,my problem its now the lights in buttons,I tried to connect an external current in the wire ILLUM cable,but naothing hapen,the
i have light in buttons only when unit start,i se this PHONOCAR CAN-adapter 4/050,u are sure this its for golf v? ,or you now any other model for my case?and from how i cant buit?
thank you

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
hi,yes i have ILLUM and ACC in my unit,for first i conect the unit in regolar mode acc-to acc cable,can+ to can+,can- to can - etc,in this case the unit close only with remote control and no with the key car,no light in buttons,for close the unit with key car,i take the external cable from relay and conectd this cable to acc cable from unit,ok its work the unit close from key care,and not have drain problem,but and in this case no light in buttons,i thing this happen bechose my golf its from 2004 and maby the can bus from car not working good with unit,my problem its now the lights in buttons,I tried to connect an external current in the wire ILLUM cable,but naothing hapen,the
i have light in buttons only when unit start,i se this PHONOCAR CAN-adapter 4/050,u are sure this its for golf v? ,or you now any other model for my case?and from how i cant buit?
thank you
When you connect CAN bus you cannot connect directly ACC, ILLUM and other signals to same external signals! Only via diode. Because if external signal has low voltage and CAN-board in device has +12V, the CAN-boad may be broken. Also I think that you must plug relay to P-CON signal, not to ACC, because ACC is input.

I'm not sure that I understood your problem. If you have lights only when device started, it's normal (I think). Because when unit is turned off, all blocks in it are disabled.

Alexsnowflake

Passed Driver's Ed
P-CON can't be used to power the relay, this wire will only have + when the unit is on. The unit won't turn on if there's no + on the relay. So the + has to taken from the + of the lighter for instance.

When you connect CAN bus you cannot connect directly ACC, ILLUM and other signals to same external signals! Only via diode. Because if external signal has low voltage and CAN-board in device has +12V, the CAN-boad may be broken. Also I think that you must plug relay to P-CON signal, not to ACC, because ACC is input.

I'm not sure that I understood your problem. If you have lights only when device started, it's normal (I think). Because when unit is turned off, all blocks in it are disabled.

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
P-CON can't be used to power the relay, this wire will only have + when the unit is on. The unit won't turn on if there's no + on the relay. So the + has to taken from the + of the lighter for instance.
Why not? If you connect external +12V to ACC as GOLFMK-V made it? If you leave ACC input in air, then you must connect relay to external +12, it's true.

razor344

love mine

but wish the USB was more stable

some time when turning the radio on i get UNSUPPORTED USB DETECTED

and other times it works fine

why

also is it possible to have the USB selected from the selection menu ??

and have we sorted the off issue when the car ignition is turned off

ta marc
any one got ideas on this

ta marc

PeteGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 GOLF 5 GTI
I think that like IGO, Garmin get the time and timezone from GPS device. I think you can try to set like this:
- in wince side live the timezone as it is (i think is GMT(Casablanca)) and set only the time and date)
- put Garmin to NOT Sync win gps time, NOT sync the time with wince side.

I'll have to take a look at the Garmin settings, haven't seen anything where you can set it to not sync.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
I'll be selling my WD6050 MK1 (1st edition) over the next few weeks. I'm thinking $350 shipped and I'll throw in updated IGO8 with custom VW theme and cursors. If you are interested in the most stable of the units let me know - this unit does not have steering wheel controls but does have volume and mute function via the steering wheel. Unit has never failed me, works like a charm, no buzzing, no battery drain - works as intended!

Sorry to thread jack (kinda') but if there is any interest in this unit at a great price let me know! I'm simply thinking of upgrading my unit with a more audio specific headunit.

Thanks!

Alexsnowflake

Passed Driver's Ed
If he use the realy to open the CAN+ wire to avoid battery drain, PCON won't work. To turn the unit on you need to close the CAN+ wire by powering up the relay. PCON only has voltage once the unit is On not before. That's why doesn't work.

Why not? If you connect external +12V to ACC as GOLFMK-V made it? If you leave ACC input in air, then you must connect relay to external +12, it's true.

zagou

Hi guys, this is my first thread and i want to say hello to this great forum.
I am from Greece and i drive eos 1.6 fsi.
I have the unit d723v with the usb at the back of the unit and i recently install the rear view camera and i have the following problem:

When i start the car and i plug the reverse gear everything is ok the picture is color and great. After 5 -10 min with the engine running when i plug the reverse the picture is ok with no black lines etc (camera patch problem) but the image is black and white. I am switcing off the engine for 2-5 min and when i start again the engine the picture is ok and color. To check the problem i tried all the possible connections for the power line but the problem insists. I also tried when the problem appears and i took the cable of the camera and i gave the picture to an external display and the picture is color so there is no possibility that the camera is faulty and overheated. I came to the conclusion that the problem is in the software...

Is anyone experience the same problem? Any advise would be very helpfull
Thank you all in advance
Kostas