GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
okay folks....newb here (i followed the thread for the first 40 pages then......went insane).

i'm looking for answers on these q's:

- i don't like the graphics the unit uses, particularly the radio interface. can this be changed?

- can i get radio names to display e.g. "NOVA 969" rather than the frequency "96.9mHz" that seems to show up in the display.

- will iphone 3g work ok? are there any limitations? i'm wanting to connect thru bluetooth and also be able to see track listings on the head unit.

thanks in advance y'all

kreza

Passed Driver's Ed
DTV Problem

I bought DTV antene and install but I can`t find any TV program.
I put on automatic sreach but nothing
what to do?

Jayro

Old Newbie
okay folks....newb here (i followed the thread for the first 40 pages then......went insane).

- i don't like the graphics the unit uses, particularly the radio interface. can this be changed?

- can i get radio names to display e.g. "NOVA 969" rather than the frequency "96.9mHz" that seems to show up in the display.

- will iphone 3g work ok? are there any limitations? i'm wanting to connect thru bluetooth and also be able to see track listings on the head unit.

thanks in advance y'all
In sequence:-
No,No, and I dont know as I dont have one.
The interface is controlled by a "Zoran" processor and the code is locked by Maisun, so modifications are impossible, many of us have this at the top of our wish list.
Some of the Ipod owners should be able to help.

vwgtipowr

Ready to race!
Jayro, I saw your post in the other thread for the GB unit, saying there was info on how to setup the antenna. So you know where that info is, or have some key words that would narrow my search down?

Would appreciate it. Thanks :thumbsup:

milkyway3011

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you set your country in the DVB-T on-screen-menu correctly?

I am from Austria and i used "Germany". They use the same frequency band for DVB-T as we do.

what to do?

oo5even

It seems Oskar has abandoned this thread, so I will also post this in the GB thread to try and solicit a response. Please answer my emails and either send me the antenna I ordered with you or refund my money, or I will file a claim with Paypal as it appears many people have done already.

Jayro

Old Newbie
contact Oskar

It seems Oskar has abandoned this thread, so I will also post this in the GB thread to try and solicit a response. Please answer my emails and either send me the antenna I ordered with you or refund my money, or I will file a claim with Paypal as it appears many people have done already.

Email him on oskaramerica@hotmail.com and he will get to you. He will not rip you off, and so do not spoil the goodwill of a 1st class retailer who is probably the best online seller in the business for the rest of us.

hkl

what to do?

Which DTV antenna you brought? Does it comes with boost? I believe we need at least 20db boost before you can really see TV channel.

Did you connect the power for antenna?

Which country are you from?

Did you drive outside in the open space and see whether you can see search for a channel?

Where is the antenna installed?

Ask some friend around you who get a good antenna to try it out again. You need to isolate whether it is antenna problem or the HU problem.

hkl

thanks in advance y'all

1. Graphics cannot be changed. We have asked Maisun for a change of graphic but no result from there. May be someone can try their luck with Maisun again.

2. Use RDS and there will have name display. However, it does not replace the 96.9Mhz wording; it just display the name at one corner, I believe.

3. IPhone 3G - I don't have iPhone so I don't know the answer. Someone else help him please.