GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
I tried to install a patch today. I did hope that it helps for my problem with sound modes. No, problem is live... I still have only two sound modes instead three...

Also I checked a powering of antenna. My unit provide about 10-11 Volts on antenna input! I don't know about the value of current, maybe it's small for internal antenna amplifier, but power exists. Device doesn't need an additional adapter for antenna feed.

Maybe someone knows what scheme a new original adapter from 2fakra to 1DIN has. I have only old, 1FAKRA to 1DIN.

Go back a page to my Aerial post and link to see if it helps you?

BTW I have only ever has 2 sound pos with the top right button.
I also have to press it to bring up 'navi' on screen before I hear navi sound. I can then push it again so sound comes over top of radio.

Bazzle

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
Go back a page to my Aerial post and link to see if it helps you?

BTW I have only ever has 2 sound pos with the top right button.
I also have to press it to bring up 'navi' on screen before I hear navi sound. I can then push it again so sound comes over top of radio.

Bazzle
Thanks. I have information from your post (I have a ELSA program with electrical diagrams). It's for original radio. I want to know how I can plug two antennas to device without diversity adapter. And I search scheme of original adapter coming with device... Because I have only 1FAKRA-1DIN adapter.

I have mistake with sound modes. Previous board has three modes:
1. When GPS interrupts sound from radio. NAVI label on screen.
2. Mixed mode, when GPS and radio work together
3. Mute.

After start I have only 1 and 3. I must go to navi screen, set mode 1, press to screen. Than I have mode 1 and 2. Only after pressing. And if I select another source (radio to SD card), I have modes 1 and 3 again. Every time when I change a source or start device I don't have a mixed mode...

PeteGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 GOLF 5 GTI
Hi Guys,
I'm still having issue with the Time on my device.
After running the GPS time patch, it seems everytime I turn the unit on, it goes to 8 hours behind GMT. If I set it in WinCE settings after launching, then run my navi software, it changes to GMT. I want GMT+2 which I set in CE settings to no avail. If I turn the unit off and on again it will go back to GMT-8. ANyone know if the time patch was zone specific?

milkyway3011

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi PeteGTI,

i just wanted to let you know: my MT6501 has exactly the same behaviour.
I also didn´t found a solution until now. I also cannot use the auto time set feature in igo, because igo doesn´t get the time over gps. (But the gps menu in wince shows the gps-time correctly as "UTC: xx:yy")

loutza

There is a way to mix the sound. Press soundnavi button and the yellow label will apear on the top right of the screen. wait to hear a sound from the navi part(i just press once on the map screen and i hear the "click" sound from the igo), then wait the radio(dvd,sd,etc) sound to start again then press the soundnavi button again. You will have the mix mode active.
If you press the soundnavi button when you hear sound from navigation software (igo) the mix mode will stop.
If you mute the radio(dvd,sd,etc) the mix mode will stop.
If you change the source the mix mode will stop.

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
There is a way to mix the sound. Press soundnavi button and the yellow label will apear on the top right of the screen. wait to hear a sound from the navi part(i just press once on the map screen and i hear the "click" sound from the igo), then wait the radio(dvd,sd,etc) sound to start again then press the soundnavi button again. You will have the mix mode active.
If you press the soundnavi button when you hear sound from navigation software (igo) the mix mode will stop.
If you mute the radio(dvd,sd,etc) the mix mode will stop.
If you change the source the mix mode will stop.
I know. But it's not correct. First device has three modes switched by soundnavi button. And if you wait for navi sound, you don't enable a mixed mode! Only if you press screen then a mixed mode can be enabled. It's not correct. At next start of device I need to repeat all steps...

AuScout

I had the same problem with time jumping to GMT in system and navi a few minutes after starting navi on MK4 unit. The problem was when using Tom Tom and Igo8.0 supplied with unit. I loaded Igo 8.3 using link Bazzle posted many pages back and the the time is now correct.

thrillhouse

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same behavior. Time didn't jump but it also wouldn't ever seem to be sync'd up. After a R&R of the unit to fix a button I had to obviously reset everything down to the time in the WinCE side and within iGO- after that its been fine. Make sure all time settings match and it should be ok

Alexsnowflake

Passed Driver's Ed
After applying the time jumping patch experienced the same ETA estimation error when using Garmin Mobile XT but it's correct when using IGO 8.

Hi Guys,
I'm still having issue with the Time on my device.
After running the GPS time patch, it seems everytime I turn the unit on, it goes to 8 hours behind GMT. If I set it in WinCE settings after launching, then run my navi software, it changes to GMT. I want GMT+2 which I set in CE settings to no avail. If I turn the unit off and on again it will go back to GMT-8. ANyone know if the time patch was zone specific?

milkyway3011

Passed Driver's Ed
Solution for unadjustable time in IGO8 and ChinaNavi W6050 / MT6501

Hi members,

AuScout has send me the following lines from another forum, which made my problems with always wrong time and timezone gone.

...found the solution, there is a bug in the Nav N Go iGo8 software. apparently whenever you open and close iGo8, it will set the system clock according to the time in the program. the program's clock can be set, but will not save upon exit. the solutions is...

Just add this to your Storage Card\iGO8\Sys.txt

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

this will enable you to save the time within the iGo software, and once your WM system clock and your iGo clock are in sync... no more issues.

Last edited:

noszex

Passed Driver's Ed
anyone know how does the wd6050 work with the CDC 6 disc changer in the armrest. it seem that is connected but not detected.