GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally; A functional intake

Vwgtivw

Ready to race!
Don't see how it's possible to spike 31lbs...Im not calling you a liar but I have Revo on highest boost setting and it'll hit 24 if I'm lucky

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'10 TR GTI
I couldn't really find a better place to mount it. Im not to worried about how it sits as-is. The hood prop is the only troublesome part. You have to have it situated perfectly so it wont rub. Its do-able, but tricky.

have you considered just shaving the lower mount for the hood strut and switching to a 2 strut setup like the JDM crowd does?

BadGTI

Ready to race!
where did you buy the piping from?Could you just get the piping mandrel bent, instead of welding?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
where did you buy the piping from?Could you just get the piping mandrel bent, instead of welding?

I bought pre-bent pipe sections from vibrant and just welded them together

Sub`ed for pictures/videos and updates! Looks good man!

What pictures do you want? I've had this on my car for a few months lol

projekt.kieru

Inspired.
What pictures do you want? I've had this on my car for a few months lol

Ah I see, my bad. Did you fix how close the filter was to the headlight housing? Also are you going to make a modified shield to cover some of the filter or anything?

You did a great job btw. Looks good.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Ah I see, my bad. Did you fix how close the filter was to the headlight housing? Also are you going to make a modified shield to cover some of the filter or anything?

You did a great job btw. Looks good.

I made it that way initially because the top tab on my headlight was broken and the filter helped support it. I cut abotu 1" off of the end of the tubing and it sits fine now. I haven't really found a need for a shield around the filter.