Finally; A functional intake

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
whos the girl in your avatar? :tweetz:

arm1tage

Passed Driver's Ed
That's a great intake. Could be even better if you had a duct from the foglight coming up to feed an enclosed filter. Ram air to feed that hungry turbo.

BTW how are you getting 31psi on a K04?? What is your boost at redline? Must feel crazy fast.

TypeR_126

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I'm pretty sure I remember Arin posting a video of his car spiking to 30ish as well recently. Of course he also has the fancy Stage II intake. ;)

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Hells yeah, looks good Eric

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
APR k04 hitting 30 psi :eyebulge:!!!! Holy shit, mine is barely hitting 21.....

You also have a TSI. FSI's boost more from the factory as it is.

Eric, what does your requested boost vs actual boost look like? I know Derick was hitting over 30psi with his AWE K04 kit running a custom GIAC file, but it was over boosting. I want to say it was requesting 26 or 27psi.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
You also have a TSI. FSI's boost more from the factory as it is.

Eric, what does your requested boost vs actual boost look like? I know Derick was hitting over 30psi with his AWE K04 kit running a custom GIAC file, but it was over boosting. I want to say it was requesting 26 or 27psi.

i'll have to log requested vs actual when i log everything else

BSH Speedshop

Ready to race!
Man your copying my style :wink:

I like how you used the motor mount as a mounting location. Only thing is you may want to keep an eye on the bracket as that part of the mount doesnt move with the engine and the engine vibrations will be transferred to the weld.

Not saying doom and gloom as chances are nothing will happen, but if it does, that be why :smile: