GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally; A functional intake

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Looks really interesting. How are harmonics etc?

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
Tippin the intake tube doesn't sit right ontop of the very hot turbo manifold. Cooler intake tube= Cooler intake temps which= mor powa!

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
It seems once this is all on and together, it would look as if my catch can would get in the way...

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
O well then damn, that seems counter productive and erases why this was even done lol. Still a good idea/design

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
nice welds - where'd you get that done?

i put something similar together that's been held together by a bunch of silicone couplers until i find a place to tig weld it for me.

one potential addition - if you wanted to run a DV relocate, that intake would get in the way. but you could make an extension harness for the MAF, move the MAF a little further towards the front, and weld a relocate bung anywhere behind the MAF. I bet that would look very nice and clean.

GTIWV

WV VW
I feel like a FMIC would do more benefit than this. The air will still be going through the extremly hot turbo and at the rate that the air is moving through the intake, I highly doubt that it will make any noticible difference

djunited

Ready to race!
how is this different than just adding a heat sheild like the bsh one on top of the turbo manifold? jst askin