GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alternative to RNS-510 Navigation/Bluetooth...

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
This has popped up on fleabay....

Somehow it just doesn't fill me with confidence.

What do you want for $699?

He offers pickups, has a good feedback record, has been registered for over 2 years, is selling similar units, offers reasonable postage, real pictures of the unit, plenty of information on the unit and details of all the accessories.

:iono: :iono: :iono: :iono:

knievil

Abl8Pace
Car(s)
MY08 R32
What do you want for $699?

He offers pickups, has a good feedback record, has been registered for over 2 years, is selling similar units, offers reasonable postage, real pictures of the unit, plenty of information on the unit and details of all the accessories.

:iono: :iono: :iono: :iono:

Sure but may I point out the following.....

Attachments

• suck.jpg
    suck.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 2,138

knievil

Abl8Pace
Car(s)
MY08 R32
He's Chinese FFS, English isn't his first language. You want to buy from Chinese people then you have to accept that often their websites and listings are going to have spelling mistakes.

Hey Mav - I'm shitting you - I just think it's funny as all get out.....:biggrin:
But seriously - that is almost unforgiveably shit - There's been no effort in even trying to get that sentence correct - "Loves to suck"? Even if this is a direct translation, there is something seriously wrong with that statement ....... Maybe this is a side business to laundrettes and bordello's.

FJ_Steve

Age shall not weary him
Guys...my point is:

He advertises that the unit is available ex Sydney (I say bullshit...he ships it to Sydney then to your desired address). He also claims that he will charge you 10 - 40% of the original unit price if it is returned for repairs and the unit is found to be scratched/damaged etc. Sorry....but a 7 day warranty is a little bit too light for me.

Yes Mav...I'm a cyncial old prick.

quaz

Well I got the WD6010 on Thursday and got it in the car. It is OK and seems to have the same issues as the AVC9000. So here is what I think.

Radio, works fine, sound is good, no RDS :-(, interface looks very nice and blends well at night. Since this is what I use 70% of the time I am very pleased with it. Reception seems to be on par with the factory unit....so fair to decent, but not great. Happy.

Ipod, Interface is nice, responds a little slow, looks very nice, doesn't charge my Ipod Nano (2nd Gen). Overall it sounds great and I could live with the slow interface if it charged the Ipod. I am a bit dissapointed in this.

DVD....who cares. Honestly, who watches a movie parked?

GPS, comes with a 2GB micro SD card and Route 66. Route 66 sucks and I loaded Igo8, now I like it a lot. It switches back and forth between radio/ipod while navigating very nicely. Quite happy.

Bluetooth, paired up to my phone in 30 seconds and the interface is fine. No phone book, but I am fine with that. When a call comes in it displays the number and mutes the radio. The sound quality is great and the people I have talked to have said I sound fine. Quite happy.

Fit and finish of the unit is nice, but the color of the black is a bit darker then the dash. I can live with this and my father (very picky) thought it was factory original. Satisfied.

Steering wheel controls work for volume and mute. I can't seem to map the phone button to the mode function. They provided instructions how to change the button mappings. I may not be doing that correct and will try again. Satisfied.

Backup camera is not installed, but when I put the car in reverse it switches to that input. I ordered a camera and will install one. Seems like a nifty spiffy toy so why not use it. ????????

Sound quality is overall on par or better than the factory so I can't complain about that. Quite happy.

Installation was a breeze, everything was plug and play. If I get sick of this thing I will pull it back out and put in my factory unit and sell this on fleabay again.

Ordering it direct from the factory seems to have saved me about $200 so this is the way to go. For $500 it is only a bit more then the factory bluetooth. Less than a MFD2 and a ton less than the RNS-510. I think I am going to keep this until the price on the RNS-510 comes down to around $1200 and then I will switch to it. Unless this thing fails I will live with it for now for the integrated GPS, bluetooth and Ipod interface.

I have lots of pics and will try to get them posted.

quaz

How it arrived:

Out of the box:

Stuff included:

In the car for testing Ipod:

Radio:

GPS (route 66 now gone):

Main Menu:

Settings:

Startup:

Finished:

Phone Interface:

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
The kit above would be a better choice, even the one from ebay looks better, this one looks the same as the one that was being sold in Australia by Rob with the crap interface.

Plus the buttons down the bottom look better as this is in keeping with the factory units. Not sure if I'd want a button labeled MO/ST on the front panel however, perhaps it comes with a seat vibrator and it turns the seat heating on as well :biggrin:

$950 is getting pretty close to the $1000 limit before you get hit with all the duties and charges as well. The 6010 from Waywell is only about $650 Australian delivered.

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
Hahaha I noticed the moist button a while back, made me cringe... imagine explaining that to your mum/boss....

Paul_OH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT TSI
I have just been "talking" with this supplier:
http://www.cardvdkit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=45

Cost is $950.00 (incl postage to Western Australia). The unit comes with TomTom7 maps preloaded. 12 months warranty.

They take Paypal.

I'm interested.

I like the look of this and they have reasonable warranty terms and don't mention void if not installed by a professional. I'm ready when you are Steve and they maybe able to share postage/shipping costs. I like the fact that it comes with TomTom also. I've given up on Auspack, would like to keep my business local but it's not good enough disappearing for months, it doesn't give me any faith that a warranty issue would be resolved any better than with an overseas seller!

Paul

knievil

Abl8Pace
Car(s)
MY08 R32
I have just been "talking" with this supplier:
http://www.cardvdkit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=45

Cost is $950.00 (incl postage to Western Australia). The unit comes with TomTom7 maps preloaded. 12 months warranty.

They take Paypal.

I'm interested.

Just need some clarification. This unit looks mighty similar in interface to the AVC 9000. Am I correct? Does this mean it will have the same probs as the AVC or is it different? Is it made by the same factory?? Is it DVD region free? Is it loaded with Australian TomTOm mapping when shipped??

Similarly the 6010 looks like the same crappy interface...

Sorry to ask a stupid question but I have lost track of this monster thread and the number of devices discussed.

quaz

This is similar to the AVC 9000, but is cheaper and looks a bit better...IMHO. Overall it seems to perform OK, but not great. For the price though I think it is a great value. The seller takes Paypal and they got it to me from Hong Kong in 3 days.

Just another option I guess. There seems to be no magic bullet here. Maybe with some more development time they will get better.