GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audiosources AS-7608

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glissard

Hmmm... Audiosources updated website has little to say about the AS-7608. They've dropped the v.5 and the unit now comes in silver vs. the gold edition. The remote is no longer an option either. I realize the ANS510 is the new toy, but I wonder if they're just cleaning out the old inventory now. Can anyone confirm if this current version of the AS-7608 is v.6?

DirtyHarry

Ready to race!
anyone know what this icon is for? it flashes consistently when i have the radio on.

Mindrunner

Ready to race!
Hmmm... Audiosources updated website has little to say about the AS-7608. They've dropped the v.5 and the unit now comes in silver vs. the gold edition. The remote is no longer an option either. I realize the ANS510 is the new toy, but I wonder if they're just cleaning out the old inventory now. Can anyone confirm if this current version of the AS-7608 is v.6?

AS7608 / 7609 will be produced in the future with new platform 800Mhz.New UI (zenec style) and 3G port. Case will be silver and no IR remote.

bardacs

vw 7088 touchscreen dont work

2 years ago I purchased a autoradio vw 7088. a week ago touchsceenul no longer works. the buttons work. I tried to calibrate touchscenul from the remote. I've calibrated but i can no leave the calibrated screen. I came to reset but nothing autoradio. She is normal but touchscreenul does not work. What should I do.thanks

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
I bought a replacement screen straight from audiosources when my screen died on one of my older versions. Just contact them and ask how much shipped it will be. They will be happy to send you one. Putting it in requires a small screwdriver and some patience, no biggie!

Sheepy

AS7608 / 7609 will be produced in the future with new platform 800Mhz.New UI (zenec style) and 3G port. Case will be silver and no IR remote.
Mind runner, will that Zenec style UI be available in a firmware update for the AS7608 v5..?
I ask because the the radio and media info is somewhat small and hard to read on the red/white UI when your eyesight is not the best for instance if you use glasses for reading.
Apart from that one cosmetic problem having used AS7608 for over six months I have found the unit has worked flawlessly.

Mindrunner

Ready to race!
Mind runner, will that Zenec style UI be available in a firmware update for the AS7608 v5..?
I ask because the the radio and media info is somewhat small and hard to read on the red/white UI when your eyesight is not the best for instance if you use glasses for reading.
Apart from that one cosmetic problem having used AS7608 for over six months I have found the unit has worked flawlessly.

New interface can run only on new hardware (ARM11 platform 800Mhz). Can't be used on any older platform.

Glissard

Hi there,

I received my AS-7608 within two days (Incredibly fast shipping!) and installed it today. Mine is the gold edition v.5, which now, does not include the remote control. Because it is the gold edition and not the new silver edition, I'm not sure whether or not this unit has the IR sensor. I really wish I could get the remote if it was available. Anyone know if there is away to get one?

For those who might be interested in this. I already had the Parrot CK3000 and steering wheel harness previously installed with the premium 7, Works great! What I was psyched to find out is that the Parrot and steering wheel controls still functions with the AS-7608. Now I have the option of using the Parrot or AS-7608.

So overall, I'm excited to have this unit. But being a noob to Audiosources, I could use some help.

First up. My load screen and color scheme is set on Skoda green. Because I don't have a remote, how can I switch this over to Volkswagen red? I've searched through the settings, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Second. The igo software included with my unit will not load. I'm picking up satellites no problem, but I cannot get maps up and running. I tried configuring the options in the menu and it recognized the software, but I can not get into the maps. I've researched navtotal.com and some of the other nav sites, but I'm just not having any luck getting Igo working. Would anyone be kind enough to tell me how I can get this going, or possibly PMing me with the software to put on my SD card? I'm need USA maps.

Thanks for your help! =D

Mpbsr

Ready to race!
Oh boy, the only way I knew to change the screen from green to red was with the remote.

I also don't think the Parrot CK3000 will work now since the bluetooth in the AS7608 should override it. I have the Parrot CK3000 installed in a few of my cars and it works great with a non-bluetooth installed system.

navitotal.com is one of the better sites for the whole IGO8 package.

Just need to read a little more.

Glissard

Success! I have Igo working now!

@ Mphsr: I do have the Parrot working with the AS-7608, I'm glad to still have this available.

Now if I can get some help on switching the Skoda green theme over to VW red, that would be excellent. It looks like Christmas with the green and red lights on the dash. Anyway, there has got to be a way to do this without out the remote. Can anyone chime in on this?

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.