GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DanSan's GTI Rebirth Build Thread

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Isn't it called Vok-l or something? When I got my GTI i spent an entire day smashing that button. Went to the stealership to see why my phone didn't work with my car, and they told me that Vok-L (whatever it is) would be coming out in a year and it was going to cost eleventybilliondollars. So, I never bothered. Maybe some one paid volkswagen eleventybilliondollars and got Vok-L in your car?

yea its Volk-L. theres like 4 different versions lol

ORTOX

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info on the phone wheel button. Haven't even bothered pressing it since I figured I didn't have it. I guess next time I drive the VW I'll try double pressing it and see if a phone icon pops up.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Little update guys, got a new AWE boost gauge installed and also bought a slightly used OEM revision D. diverter valve from a local to replace my revision G valve.

Last edited:

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Those AWE vent gauges are by far the best looking of any of the options in my opinion. Oh, by the way I tried my phone button. No go...

they are the only ones I've ever owned... I had 2 mechanical ones (both older and newer version) and now this electrical one which I love. no more buzzing, the movement is so smooth and the color match is spot on.

That stinks about the bluetooth, but honestly I used it once and that was to test it out. i always keep bluetooth off on my phone so the only time i might even consider turning it on is for long trips. BTW, figured out where the module is actually located when installing the hard wire connection for the radar detector. Its actually below the cigarette lighter/storage tray area.

Last edited:

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
got a votex lip coming hopefully by the end of this week. going to keep it "textured" to match.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
This nice little votex lip was waiting for me today.

Waiting for it to stop raining so I can test mount it

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
i have a good friend of mine whose dad owns a body shop and is color matching my stock sidemarkers. :w00t:

also hopefully waiting for forge and DBC to email me back. trying to pick up an intake and catch can

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
got the windows tinted yesterday by a friend. so glad to get rid of that fishbowl.