GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Rear Seat Removal

Nerdavison

Nerd with Speed addiction
Car(s)
07 GTI, 80 TR8
or if you are after more of a bed in the back, just take the rear seat out, then put just the seat bottom back in, poof insta bed! gotta love the hatchback.

Quicker10u

Pwned by P90x until....
Car(s)
06' GTI
Nice writeup. This will be great when taking my R-comps to the track.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Haha, funny this was revived because I was just talking about how drony my exhaust can be when the back seats are out.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Define easy lol. It comes out, but it can be a tricky SOB for sure. And you need the 12mm triple square in order to take the seatbelt bolt out.

The bottom is separate from the seat back. You have to take the bottom off first to get access to the seatbelt bolt and the seat backs.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
I still dont understand how to yank the seat bottom off. hands along the back (where the seatbelts are and where the seat back meets the seat bottom) and pull in those four locations by the hooks?

is that it?

wait, am I really interested in making a 4 door two-seater with a trunk? how retarted would that be?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah the seat bottom is probably the hardest part of it. There are 2 clips on both ends in the back that need to be unclipped in order to get it out. The front 2 clips are pretty easy to get unclipped. That's on my GTI at least; I'd think it'd be the same for a Jetta. IIRC you've got to push towards the seat back and kind of pull up I think. It's been awhile since I've done it.

wut_CEL

Banned
will be trying this today.. have a few ideas id like to test out with my wide open trunk!

wut_CEL

Banned
Did this today, was pretty easy.

Hardest part was the 4 clips. Easiest way. Was to go from inside the car pushing down and towards the back of the car

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
lol I found the hardest part in putting them back in is getting the seat belt bolt screwed back in and the seat belts inside the bottom seat (with the cloth blocking access).

mdonders

ballin'
Car(s)
2008 2-Door Rabbit-S
Sorry to bump an old thread, but is it a 10mm triple square or a 12mm triple square?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
12mm IIRC.

Both should be included in the standard 4 piece set unless you're buying individually. It could be a 10; it's been awhile.