GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

kevvve's e30 BUILDTHREAD

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3

Nothing really been focused on parting the GTI and getting money together for the down payment on the STi

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
not really. I've been dailying this thing while the mkv gets parted. im waiting to part out the rest of the mkv to get into a STI and finally start doing work on this thing. i want to tackle the interior (dye carpet black, new door cards etc). i have the set of mk2 trophys i want to recover in a dark brown leather.

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
Better watch your oil pan!

updateI havent posted in a while, work is to blame. Since my last post I had the luxury of cracking an oil pan. I know I'm on air blah blah but heres what happened. While pulling into a parking spot, the car hit some black ice during one of our chills here and slid into the curb. SMASHBANG! oil everywhere. sucked. Swapping it sucked. Never again I hope.

Carnage.

Car will be for sale soon I'm picking up a new e30

"I started with the motor, suspension, and brakes pulled m20, bought m50 with full harness, took motor to machine shop to be refreshed, bought everything except rings to put it back together, stripped bay and cleaned, all suspension and subframes removed and sand blasted and paint, wheel wells all scrubbed and sprayed with bed liner, and all suspension components replaced.

Other than that, everything that could be removed and cleaned has been, and my next step on the car was to Pour15 the bottom of the shell. Thats really where i left off, but all the other important details are listed below.

Shell:

Cirrusblau
Zero Rust (rear valence and quarters and your normal issue spots and mint)
Fogs
Ellipsods
Is front lip and trunk lip

Interior:
Tan F/R sport seats
Crank sunroof
Pop out rear windows
Clarion headunit
Wired for sub and amp
M-tech steering wheel
Crack Free Dash

Wheels/Suspension:
Megan Racing coilovers (professionally welded)
Miglia Mille 17in wheels
ECS 10mm front and 20mm rear spacers
Brand New Wheel Bearings
Brand New Control Arms
Brand New Inner and outer tie rods
Brand New End links
Brand New Rear subframe bushings
Brand New Race studs

Brakes:
Rx7 conversion
Corrado rotors machined to fit hub
Hawk Pads

M50 Non Vanos:
Head Work
3 angle valve job
decked
valve seals replaced
Crank re-polished
Block got a fresh hone and chemical bath
Media blasted and painted
NEW full gasket kit
NEW head bolts
E34 oil pan
Pan
Pickup tube
oil level sensor
dipstick
Full wiring harness and computer
Ebay headers".

All for super cheap. Financially buying this will be better than taking care of the maintenance and machining the motor I picked up from a totaled e36. Picking it up in a couple weeks.

Found a garage less than a mile from my house where ill be taking care of finishing the swap and bringing to life the vision I have

Tucked away.