GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's see your PC's

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So I ordered an Ncase M1 EVO again, which will be here Friday. Not sure why 🤷‍♂️

It's funny though. I pre-ordered one back in July as soon as it became available. Was supposed to ship in September. When it kept on getting delayed and delayed, I cancelled the order since I'm impatient and don't like waiting.

Got a notification a few days ago that it was restocked and available to ship within 3 days, and jumped back in. Shipping in just 3 days? I don't mind waiting for that. But I would have already had it if I didn't cancel my original order. Yet somehow this is better lol.

Anyway, like I said. Not sure why I bought it. My hardware fits in the original Ncase M1 I have, which I love. And by all accounts, this is just a bastardized version of the M1, and has nothing in common with it asides from the name. It's more FormD T1 than Ncase M1.

Guess we'll see Friday.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Maybe I'll go SFF next build. The full ATX is nice to build in, but it's just sitting behind my monitor taking up space so I've been left wondering a) what was the point of getting a TG case and b) what was the point of getting a large ATX case?

Will need to do all sorts of reddit research first. I have no idea about SFF PSUs and god only knows how ever-bigger GPUs are going to fit. I think I might plan to do it with the next gens of Radeon and Ryzen.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
SFF is the way to go. ATX is just a complete waste of space.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Maybe I'll go SFF next build. The full ATX is nice to build in, but it's just sitting behind my monitor taking up space so I've been left wondering a) what was the point of getting a TG case and b) what was the point of getting a large ATX case?

Will need to do all sorts of reddit research first. I have no idea about SFF PSUs and god only knows how ever-bigger GPUs are going to fit. I think I might plan to do it with the next gens of Radeon and Ryzen.
https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc
https://www.reddit.com/r/mffpc

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Kinda ridiculous rebates are still handled by mail. I've got a $20 rebate on the psu I bought. They have you begin the process online, but then you have to print out a form and mail it to them. At least I'll receive it through zelle and it won't be something like a $20 prepaid visa card. I was gonna send that out at work today, but didn't realize I had to cut out the upc serial number and barcodes from the box and physically attach it to my form.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Built my M1EVO.

1701786478205.png

Case ships flat packed, so has to be put together. Not nearly as bad as the FormD T1 though. Mostly because it has hella customizable options. Like, there's 15 different height adjustments for your PSU (not to mention side or front mounted), and 13 different height adjustments for your motherboard.

1701786600818.png

It's because you can run ITX, MATX, flipped setups, normal GPU, vertical GPU... The build options for it are wild.

All in all, it does exactly what I wanted it to. Houses my parts, allows me to run a 280mm AIO on the side, and 2x fans up top for exhaust. Has thin 120mm fans right now, but probably could lower the PSU and motherboard to fit regular thickness ones if I wanted.

1701786734271.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
This is as far as I can get right now. lol
1702180941708.png

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Wow that's clean. First time I've seen an AM5 build, cool baseplate or w/e.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Too bad they only have black and red, and no turbo blue...

Going to order one. For $9 I'll give it a whirl.
lol, Been debating covering up all the yellow stickers on the mobo with my own stickers. I got a blue that's close enough. I could add some audi and rs3 stickers onto it, maybe some hexagons.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
The aesthetics that Asus chose to use for Tuf are such a letdown, because the actual hardware is pretty well received.

Currently seeking investors for my startup idea: mid to high end PC parts with "gamer, but also an adult" aesthetics.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
The solution here is no glass window haha. I've always run some sort of "sound proof" case just because I don't like it sitting on the floor where it sucks up dog hair and stuff, so being quiet right next to my head while working is important. Most of those cases have very little mesh or side windows.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The solution here is no glass window haha. I've always run some sort of "sound proof" case just because I don't like it sitting on the floor where it sucks up dog hair and stuff, so being quiet right next to my head while working is important. Most of those cases have very little mesh or side windows.

No window/RGB gang rise up!

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Somewhat related note, my Tuf 6800 XT has developed god-awful coil whine :( Can't hear it when gaming but if I don't have headphones on it's terrible.

Notes for next build: mATX or ITX, windowless, "soundproof" case