GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lucidity's Build Thread

07Jetta2.5

Double Stuffed
Car(s)
09 GTi BMP
Nice upgrades so far. Are you tuned yet?

Lucidity

Marx
how much space is actually in the drawer?

Hopefully enough for a Glock 26 and a spare magazine once I get my CCP. :biggrin: According to oemplus the 9.75w x 2.75h x 4.75-4.25d as the back isn't completely straight.

Lucidity

Marx
I can't say this enough...this is the forum with the most non-wrenching enthusiasts I have ever been on.

Can't wait to see more. :thumbsup:

I can't say I do all of the work on my car, I had the coils installed for multiple reasons (see above) and I don't have a lot of the tools or time necessary for me to do some things. I've got someone that is local, very good, and doesn't charge me a lot to do installs. Don't get me wrong I have installed many things on my car, but there's also stuff that I wouldn't feel comfortable doing for the fear of ruining my car or causing damage that would far exceed the savings of an install. The statement was more of a play on words though, as their was a dollar and so in change down there. :thumbsup:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Great Build! Very similar to what I have. I hate to break it to you, but the bump-steer kit will never come out. You might also want to consider a front sway to round out your suspension.

Lucidity

Marx
Great Build! Very similar to what I have. I hate to break it to you, but the bump-steer kit will never come out. You might also want to consider a front sway to round out your suspension.

Thanks, I'll have some a few pretty decent updates next week as well so stay tuned :thumbsup:

I've been told by one of Whiteline's buyers that it will... I was told they are redesigning it since they weren't happy with the product when it first went into production. But if it doesn't come out I won't buy it, and if it does I will.

As far as the FSB goes I'm not sure, I've heard mixed opinions about whether or not it helps or hurts on the GTI. I'm quite happy with the way she is now though, even if the bump steer isn't released.

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
I can't say I do all of the work on my car, I had the coils installed for multiple reasons (see above) and I don't have a lot of the tools or time necessary for me to do some things. I've got someone that is local, very good, and doesn't charge me a lot to do installs. Don't get me wrong I have installed many things on my car, but there's also stuff that I wouldn't feel comfortable doing for the fear of ruining my car or causing damage that would far exceed the savings of an install. The statement was more of a play on words though, as their was a dollar and so in change down there. :thumbsup:
:cry::biggrin:

No worries...if you have someone you can trust and the money for labor all the power to you. It is just funny when you see people complaining about paying 100 dollars for a downpipe install, yet they will not get under the car. Doesn't go both ways. :bellyroll:

In for more progress pics. :paddle:

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
I notice you are Revo2 and Forge Twintake. I am as well and wondered if you have dyno'd your car and what the results were.

Lucidity

Marx
I notice you are Revo2 and Forge Twintake. I am as well and wondered if you have dyno'd your car and what the results were.

I haven't dyno'd the car since I've been tuned unfortunately. I have a baseline from when it was stock, so I could tell you what the culmination of mods did if I were to put it on a dyno again, but not the specific gains from the twintake. I can say that it pulls better than the EvoMs did, and it alleviated the jerkiness/cut out of power I used to get as well. I'm quite happy with it and would definitely recommend it to someone who has yet to purchase an intake or isn't happy with their current one.

Lucidity

Marx
Exhaust and new wheels + tires should be here this week!

Lucidity

Marx
Update on Page 1