GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lucidity's Build Thread

Lucidity

Marx
New update on the first page. Look for more next couple of weeks!

sd-mod

Ready to race!
car looks good!! Did the deadening in the spare tire help alot with keeping it quite inside from the exhaust?

Lucidity

Marx
car looks good!! Did the deadening in the spare tire help alot with keeping it quite inside from the exhaust?

Thanks!

Right now it's made a noticeable difference on the highway. The GHL in combination with my Eurosport dp is pretty damn loud, but I'm hoping to get that fixed via a Magnaflow resonator today. I can't deal with drone on the highway.

sd-mod

Ready to race!
good to know!! when I get my turboback on if its too loud I will do the same thing. Hoping the BB stealth doesn't drone much though. Those GHL's are known to be loud though....

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Lots of progress...nice.

I have a bunch of Dynamat and I was thinking of doing the underside of the spare tire compartment cover as opposed the the well itself. Thoughts?

Lucidity

Marx
Lots of progress...nice.

I have a bunch of Dynamat and I was thinking of doing the underside of the spare tire compartment cover as opposed the the well itself. Thoughts?

Thanks, there's going to be a lot more by the end of the month hopefully!

I will be doing something similar. I am using the v3 which is a paint on deadening for the underside of the car, mainly the rear spare well and all four tire wells. A lot of cars come this way from the factory, but it appears ours does not. I wonder if the mk6 does as quieting the car down was one of their goals.

Lucidity

Marx
Like I said it's pretty loud, still debating to just keep it at the resonator + catback or install the slightly larger muffler.

Lucidity

Marx
Update....

Doesn't look like I will be continuing with the R32 rear setup. I'm having some trouble with it being so loud and droning like a mofo. On the upside, I've got a few teasers... :)

More pics to come when I've got her all cleaned up!

Lucidity

Marx
Updated with new pics

Lucidity

Marx
Nope, I'm actually abandoning the .:R32 route all together. I've had issues with the GHL setup and I'm not going to bad mouth anyone on here or the company, but I will say I've been very dissatisfied.

akaprince

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI BMP 2DR DSG
dude those wheels look sick on your car, are they from the sti?