GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Make sure to check your oil level frequently!

RICK_DIZZLE

Banned
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
I suppose that's true. Even my mom's Volvo V70 X/C uses no oil. Granted it only has 46k on it and it's a low pressure turbo setup, but my car was using oil after the break-in.

LIL off topic...I want a V70:smile:

RICK_DIZZLE

Banned
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
Haha, I'd rock a V70 R 6MT. Hers is the first gen V70; it's a 1999. We bought it back when I first got my Mk3 Jetta GLX in 2005 with only 25k on it. She only drives it 2-3000 miles a year now.:lol:

Im actually looking for a R. :thumbsup: Looks baller on some staggered wheels and coils.

grannyek

2007 4door 6mt FSI

64,000mi all stock

of the 45,000mi i have put on it, the only time it consumes any oil is 1/2qt in June/July between changes

dski

2009.5 4dr 6mt TSI

Drank a quart the 1st 5k break in. It doesn't use any oil now between changes.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I'm still a firm believer that it has a lot to do to the poor PCV design. Has different weight done anything for oil use for anyone?

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
Bought my car 1 month ago, i put 1080 miles on it and it drank 8/10 of a quart...

I hope its normal

dimi_108

The GTI Collector
Just checked my engine oil and only the "minimum" mark was covered.
I got some Shell Helix 1 litre 5-40 for top up, filled it and holy shit I immediately felt a huge difference.

Throttle response had increased and the engine was way smoother and quieter.

Thank you for the sticky.

TallDarkandHanson

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 GTI 2.0T
Yeah my 2006.5 GTI was feeling a little "uninspired" so I checked the oil level and it was hardly even registering on the dip stick. I put a quart in and let it settle for a bit and my car was back to its peppy self in no time! I check it at least every other week now cause my consumption depends wholly on my driving habits!

MkVme

Ready to race!
i use a quart every 1-1.3k. VW tells me its normal...lol. car runs great otherwise though. 08 FSI, and i still have the old PCV (I Think). Been lazy to take it to the dealer to have it replaced