GOLFMKV

My 4motion swap

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Sub'd even though your putting it in both threads

Teknojnky

DAMN!!! Is that seriously all that's needed? what about wiring etc? Shit for 1400$ I'd jump and do it too once I get the car paid off.

Definitely in for this, :thumbsup:

Wiring is easiest with a haldex controller. Also, he needs to remove the original trunk floor and weld in the one from the audi. That's the hard part. The rest is just bolting on stuff.
I did not see a transmission in that list. What's your plan Stan?

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Definatley gotta be more than that

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Wiring is easiest with a haldex controller. Also, he needs to remove the original trunk floor and weld in the one from the audi. That's the hard part. The rest is just bolting on stuff.
I did not see a transmission in that list. What's your plan Stan?

Audi TT 225 6 speed trans

Definatley gotta be more than that

Yes. that cost is for the rear components only

Where did you find the parts?

Through a junkyard network. I use car-part.com most of the time

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Just an FYI, but there was an article about a guy who did this in a British magazine called 'Volkswagen Driver'. It's the June 2012 issue. If you can't find it online, I'd be happy to send you a copy if you like. It's not terribly technical, but it might give you something to reference if needed. Shoot me a PM if you want it.

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
I was told that you can use the stock transmission because there is some sort of block off plate or something that can be removed/drilled out etc. I will get more info and get back with you.

Gab.B

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Volks GTI 2007
interesting... sub'd

Teknojnky

I was told that you can use the stock transmission because there is some sort of block off plate or something that can be removed/drilled out etc. I will get more info and get back with you.

there is a multiple page thread about that on the tex. Not sure if I'm allowed to link to it from here.