GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 4motion swap

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
In for this one.

this reminds me, wasn't there a troll thread created a long long time ago where a guy said he was going to convert his fahrenheit into an .:R? lol

Fuzzy was meant to start an r swap but it seemed to die off..? Any one that knows him care to share?

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
there is a multiple page thread about that on the tex. Not sure if I'm allowed to link to it from here.

LOL. You can do whatever you want here. There are certainly NFG about links to the 'tex.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Wiring is easiest with a haldex controller. Also, he needs to remove the original trunk floor and weld in the one from the audi. That's the hard part. The rest is just bolting on stuff.
I did not see a transmission in that list. What's your plan Stan?

Ahh I see, well i'll be watching :thumbsup:

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Also researching this. Wasn't gonna do anything just yet but found a good trans for it. I'd like to find a aluminum sub frame to use on mine. But might not be feasible since nothing in the us uses them.

You might want to check into the diff on that car. I think >09 a3 use Gen iv haldex units. Not sure how that will integrate with your car. All the swaps I've seen use gen II units.

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
Also researching this. Wasn't gonna do anything just yet but found a good trans for it. I'd like to find a aluminum sub frame to use on mine. But might not be feasible since nothing in the us uses them.

You might want to check into the diff on that car. I think >09 a3 use Gen iv haldex units. Not sure how that will integrate with your car. All the swaps I've seen use gen II units.

Does the MKV R use gen 2 or gen 3?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

After looking into it, you're right. 03-08 a3 quattros use gen 2, 09+ use gen 4. It's not too late to change parts. Anyone know if the subframe and accessories will still be compatible with the r32 diff? I have access to one

bill6211789

Ready to race!
depending the the rear subframe u use there are different diffs that mount up, also a Passat guy doing th same ran into some issues with the ECU and not just being able to check the awd in vagcom.

ill look for his thread, most everything is the same between the 2 cars, i was thinking of doing the same swap but seeing some of his problems i started to look away

her is the passat thread
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5630980-4Motion-Project-Begins

Last edited: