GOLFMKV

OEM LED Ring Mod

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

buckets

Ready to race!
That's because it's a bit big to post here.....

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
buckets DIY of the inners is great if u want to add the inner tails as Parking and Braking Lights Only.

Im still in the process of doing this mod, it been like 6 months since i got the DIY from buckets........LOL

To the OP, on the second Pic, when im on the brakes will BOTH the center and outer lights light up or just the center?????

I love the mod but want the center and outer to light up when braking.

Thanks for all ur help and love this mod, just need Vagcom. ur help was greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
The brake light is only the center section, the outer ring is only parking light and blinker.

I believe you can code it so that the outer ring acts as brake light too, but I haven't tried it. If I get some time tonight I'll go outside and start playing around with it.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
ok cool man

I love the option #2 and i would love it more if the outer ring would light up as well as the center light. LOL

Thanks man

buckets

Ready to race!
buckets DIY of the inners is great if u want to add the inner tails as Parking and Braking Lights Only.

Not exactly true Mike. Depends on where you wire your supply voltage from. With this mod, you may need more than one supply according to which configuration you choose for the inners (hatch mounted) and the outers (body mounted).

After seeing this, was going for the full four ring tails and using the inners for tail and brake. Looks like I'll have to add an extra supply for the tails. :rolleyes:

Topgear1199

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
When I try the 00 00 00 0F 00 coding, it gives me an error and says "F" is not a valid code or something like that.

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
When I try the 00 00 00 0F 00 coding, it gives me an error and says "F" is not a valid code or something like that.

Must be the way you're typing it in. Making sure in the long coding helper for that section you delete everything in the bit and type "0F" by itself and press return. Then you should be able to save it.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Not exactly true Mike. Depends on where you wire your supply voltage from. With this mod, you may need more than one supply according to which configuration you choose for the inners (hatch mounted) and the outers (body mounted).

After seeing this, was going for the full four ring tails and using the inners for tail and brake. Looks like I'll have to add an extra supply for the tails. :rolleyes:

I thought this mod u do is only for the inner as parking and brake lights?????

Turn signals are not an option????

Thanks

buckets

Ready to race!
Haven't tried it for turn signals Mike. The standard here in Aus is for indicators to be amber.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238

So if i was to run a wire for parking/brake lights and TURN signals to the inner in the hatch back.

How will the Turn signals light up if there are no amber lights to light up???

Have u found any Red and Yellow LEDs all in one??????

These will be hard to find in dome LEDs

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
back to the OP

I cant wait till me Vagcom comes in the mail so i can make these changes to my LED tails

DkN

Ready to race!
bump - did anyone find out if the outer ring can act as brakes too purely through VCDS coding? I just got LEDs installed on my inner tails and I'm looking at options for a quad ring mod. As I've wired my inners to the parker function on my outer tails, they're on the same wire as the outer ring of the outer tails (sorry if that sounds confusing) so if that can light up as brakes then I have full quad rings with full brake function.

Didn't want to wire my inners on to the brake function as on brakes only the centre of the outers and the inner tails will light up, with the outer ring still dim - not a fan of that look.

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
bump - did anyone find out if the outer ring can act as brakes too purely through VCDS coding? I just got LEDs installed on my inner tails and I'm looking at options for a quad ring mod. As I've wired my inners to the parker function on my outer tails, they're on the same wire as the outer ring of the outer tails (sorry if that sounds confusing) so if that can light up as brakes then I have full quad rings with full brake function.

Didn't want to wire my inners on to the brake function as on brakes only the centre of the outers and the inner tails will light up, with the outer ring still dim - not a fan of that look.

That's not confusing at all actually, so your inner rings are essentially mirroring the outer rings exactly.

I don't know if it can be done off the top of my head, but I'm helping a friend put in his LED tails on his Jetta this weekend (and the coding is the same) so I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with anything.

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

I went through the coding yesterday and it doesn't look like there is a way to do what you're looking for without trying to rewire the tails, which I wouldn't suggest either.