GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sorry guys... I had to. Leaving VAG...

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
wow nice. such a long wait though. haha

I dont think I would be able to wait that long, especially for a nice car :wink:

Pnguyen1028

Ready to race!
Welcome to the club buddy.

JB3, dual cone intake, and some downpipes and you should be satisfied :thumbsup:.

Make sure you read up on the warranty bullshit that you'll have to go through if you tune though. Bav Technics cable (BT) for the win.

kootenaydub

The Scandinavian Flick
Oh man... Cars are seriously cheap in the USA.
Even taking exchange rates into account, you guys are fortunate to get such nice toys for such little change.

No kidding, we get raped in Canada too, and we're right next door! But at least we have the option of importing, which can be a bitch though sometimes.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Time flies and I'm not in any huge rush. They stopped taking new car orders for the 2009s about a month ago so it was either buy a car that would not be exactly what I wanted (if I can find one on a lot at all) and has already depreciated 1 year or wait 2 months for the first shipment of 2010s. I still dig my GTI so it's not like the wait is punishment.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Are there any changes between the 09 and 10s?

Nothing material but some things have dropped in price. I know that the Sirius tuner went from $595 to $350 and the base price of the 128i went down $400 because they made the sunroof optional. Other than that there are no changes. All other prices remain the same.

The last major change was in the iDrive system between the '08 and '09s. It went from the DVD based system to a faster and much more extensive hard-drive based system (8GB of internal memory).

murix

Passed Driver's Ed
I would love if they made a 135i with cloth interior, no sunroof, and the sport package. I couldn't say no that.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
I would love if they made a 135i with cloth interior, no sunroof, and the sport package. I couldn't say no that.

That's why you have an Elise. If you want a purpose built track toy, Elise/Exige is your car. When BMW made the lightweight M3 (E36) with cloth interior and no sunroof, it sold like shit. They're now selling for their original MSRP but in the primary market, cars like that just do not sell.

designation_mi5

Ready to race!
That's why you have an Elise. If you want a purpose built track toy, Elise/Exige is your car. When BMW made the lightweight M3 (E36) with cloth interior and no sunroof, it sold like shit. They're now selling for their original MSRP but in the primary market, cars like that just do not sell.

Well said. That's what differentiates the Grand Tourers from the sega rally cars aka Mitsubishi Evolutions and Impreza STi.
-Think they jumped on the upscale wagon and finally grew up with the current models. Don't think their fan following did though.

bovice

Banned
Car(s)
Zamboni
nice man! i test drove a 135i 6speed last summer, that thing was a rocket. have fun with it, post pics when it comes

heathcliff57

Ready to race!
135i is a serious drivers car. One of the big wigs at work owns one with the Dinan Stage 2 kit. That thing is unbelievably fast. I've ridden in it several times and it definitely fucks with your head both in acceleration and braking. Pure performance car in my book. Love it.

Pnguyen1028

Ready to race!
135i is a serious drivers car. One of the big wigs at work owns one with the Dinan Stage 2 kit. That thing is unbelievably fast. I've ridden in it several times and it definitely fucks with your head both in acceleration and braking. Pure performance car in my book. Love it.

Thank you for understanding the 1!

Stock brembo 6 pot calipers and 13.3 inch front rotors for the win...

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
been thinking about picking up a 135i used in a few years, on track to get accepted into the BMW STEP program so I think it would be pretty hard to wind up in a BMW service department and not snag up a used 135i or 335i that just needs a little love on the cheap if the opportunity arose.