GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sorry guys... I had to. Leaving VAG...

Strmtrpr

Censored
Nice! Can't wait to see pics :thumbsup:

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Wait..so how did you "save" more then 7% of the orig. msrp??

Easy. Find out the invoice price and offer a few hundred over that. I got a couple of offers from other parts of the country then called my local dealer and basically bluffed my way to $700 over. I told them I had an offer from another dealer for $500 over (in actuality the best offer I had received was $650 over in Ohio), they came back with $700 with mats and they had lower fees than the other dealer.

The final price is $3,115 below MSRP which is a tick shy of 7% and the car will be at my dealer by the end of the month versus December for the earliest ED.

thez19

GITEE Up N Go!!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Ok, im still confused here. Youre saying you convinced them to charge you $700 OVER the invoice price, and after that and some fee shit, you end up with over 3 grand lower then msrp?

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Ok, im still confused here. Youre saying you convinced them to charge you $700 OVER the invoice price, and after that and some fee shit, you end up with over 3 grand lower then msrp?

Yes. Most people on the 1er forum are getting their brand new, built to order 135s for $500-$1,000 over invoice. In my case, that ended up being $3k below MSRP. A lesser optioned car has a lower margin so it would be less percentage savings but car companies are hurting and need sales so deals are not hard to come by if you know how to negotiate.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Very nice deal.

P.S. the lolz that he got banned.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Update! Picked her up last Thursday.

Attached are a few shitty cellphone pics...

Attachments

• downsized_1004091132.jpg
    downsized_1004091132.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 226
  • downsized_1004091132a.jpg
    downsized_1004091132a.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 230
  • downsized_1004091133.jpg
    downsized_1004091133.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 193

Lucidity

Marx
I toyed with the idea of ED but I saved more than 7% off MSRP for a 2010 built to spec and it will be delivered one mile from my front door in about a month. If I had done ED, I would have to wait until Oct 15th (first ED date) and drive around for two weeks in Europe (that's the awesome part) but then wait another 6-8 weeks for the car to arrive back in the US. The whole time making payments on the car...

You should never toy around with the idea of ED...lol