GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Your line is pretty good most of the time, but generally all of your apexes are a little early.

That high speed kink that leads to the long breaking zone you slow down way to early. I get you don't want to crash the car but you can late apex the fuck out of that corner so just pile it down in there. When you can see the end of the corner your apex is better, but on those long sweepers you don't carry enough speed in and end up apexing the corner early, which is really easy to do on corners like that, especially if you've never driven the track. Take a wider line at corner entry or run wider longer.

If you could apex later and trust the brakes more you would be really fast against 90% of the people who do "track days."

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
I agree, and other days and groups i've been hitting that braking zone far later, but thats where people have been apparently crashing and theres a lot of "pressure" from above to start braking at 5 on the numbers and use it as a throwaway corner to set up #2, especially in the later part of the day. I hit 110+ on that straight. I was typically letting off the brakes around 70.

My earlier sessions were better, that was the 5th of the day, was sun stroked and tires were lolling at me. Put skid marks in my pants when the back end slid at 70 on the corner going into the straight at the early part of that session.

lot of corners are off camber also blaine

Last edited:

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Off camber corners like wide lines.

When I do track days I usually just do the first 3 maybe 4 sessions. That's enough to go fast and get go pro footage to brag about.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Also, spent a bit of time talking to the guy, his son had a mkv gti. sounded like a recent purchase, had a gmkv forum sticker in the back window, must have been someone here's car.

grey, some black hood paint/vinyl

seemed like good people

Last edited:

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
Joined the penismobile club today...

2014 BRZ, 4,861 miles on the clock. Really wanted the white, but ended up with Sterling Silver, which was my second choice. Car is 100% stock. Immediate plans include new tires, lighter wheels, and boosting.

Eye Candy: (Crappy phone pictures at the dealer....)

I'll probably throw up a build thread in the Non-VW section, if anyone is interested.

EDIT: 100% Stock minus the JDM badges that goned4rk HAD to point out :thumbsup:

Last edited:

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Awesome. Looks great. I have penis envy.

Status
Not open for further replies.