GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
well the avc had hissing sound too, this may have been fixed on a later model im not sure.

i am also keen on seeing this unit in person, looks the goods though!

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
Sound quality w/out EQ adjustments is already better than the OEM radio. It's when I started adjusting the EQ when I started to get noticeable hiss, but honestly, it sound great without adjusting the EQ and just leaving it as is.

Keep in mind, I have the OEM amp. So I don't know how much it affects the SQ.

I am pretty happy with the SQ now (with EQ settings at 0 across the board).

One thing I would like is for the ability to normalize the volume between all the different modes. For me, radio is louder than all the other modes, so I have to turn the volume down in radio mode.

Jig

Flow Motion
Dont want to rain on this exciting and promising product, but are'nt you guys concerned that its made in China?

playa78

Passed Driver's Ed
just a simple questions..
does this unit have GPS built in?
it seem to indicate it does but doesn't say in the description..
can any owner confirm??
cheers

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
Dont want to rain on this exciting and promising product, but are'nt you guys concerned that its made in China?

Make a list of what's NOT made it China these days! - :biggrin:

Might be assembled in another country (Italy, Germany &c) but (especially electronics) masses of components and entire units are made in China.

Even Apple (for example) has most components made in China (or Korea), assembled in Singapore, and on the box it says "designed in California".

Worried it's made in China? No, not really. :iono:

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
The RNS510 is made in the eastern bloc so whats the point?

LOL!

And the Jetta (until recently) was made in Mexico, Chryslers in Germany, BMWs in America, Hondas in Thailand... :yikes:

warhead

Passed Driver's Ed

Well all the alternatives are made in china. A whole heap of electrical goods are made in China.

Every piece of my computer, laptop, phone are more than likely made in China.

Can't get off that boat anymore.

Jig

Flow Motion
Fair enough folks... just old school i guess... if i see an alternative that is not made in china, i buy the alternative. contrary to popular belief, there are still things not made in china. I have a toshiba dvd that is more than 7 years old, made in japan and still rocks and still gives better picture than one of my pioneer dvd of 2 years made in china which is no longer working...