GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

djkynz

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah mine is doing this right now actually. I had a friend replace the amplifier chip and it improved it but still after about 15 min it seems to overheat or something and the audio just goes real thin and buzzy. My friend is going to install a small fan in the back where the empty fan housing and see if the cooling with stop it from acting up. I will post results when I get the fan in. Anyone else have any idea what's happening here?

JAK-RBT

SofaKingSlow
Car(s)
'08 MKV Rabbit
Yeah mine is doing this right now actually. I had a friend replace the amplifier chip and it improved it but still after about 15 min it seems to overheat or something and the audio just goes real thin and buzzy. My friend is going to install a small fan in the back where the empty fan housing and see if the cooling with stop it from acting up. I will post results when I get the fan in. Anyone else have any idea what's happening here?

I was thinking the same thing on the fan. Might just do that anyways if it helps the issue or not because this thing has always gotten super hot even before it started acting up.

tpapo

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone else's unit started doing this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK6k-pnkrPk

I just got it back from waywell to have it fixed of this issue and they didn't fix it at all... It plays fine for 10 min and then it starts to do this... As if it's overheating or something. Any ideas?

Could it be the sound chip that needs replacing? I don't want to spend another $100 to send it back to waywell again so I'd like to try and figure out whats wrong and fix it myself.

dear friend

1)replace the TDA7388 AND take care the soldering points !
2)check the biggest capacitor in front of ic amplifier and the resistors next to it
3)no need of fan cooler backward

regards
Tom
Gr.

MichaelH

Hi All,

I'm looking into replacing my stock head unit on my 2005 Golf TDI.
Initially I was planning on getting the WD-6050\MT-6505\AS-7608 but when I looked at the manufactures websites I saw that there are newer models & I have some questions:

1. What is the difference between waywell, maisun & audiosource?
2. Are their models the same in terms of build quality\ SW stability?
3. Which company has a better customer service\can be trusted?
4. Which of the newer models do you recommend? MT-7761 or MT-8001 from maisun? what are the equivalent models in waywell? what are the equivalent models in audiosource?

Regards,
Michael

PrePavGav

Hello Experts!

I am having serious difficulty locating a new GPS board for my mt-6501. Maisun say they no longer stock them. Its annoying as everything worked fine except the navigation. I tried a new antenna but it says " no antenna is detected" in the igo8 software. I assume it is the gps board unless anyone knows what else it could be. The worrying thing is that its been in bits for that long now I'm not sure I can remember how to put it back together!

Thanks

Spizo85

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MKV R32
My Igo8 software on my W6050 stopped working all of a sudden?

Its telling me 'no software navigation found'

how can I fix ??

Spizo85

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MKV R32
Just downloaded and tried iGO 8.3.5.

Still nothing works.

I direct the unit to open file iGO8.exe but it just doesnt load. Unit keeps booting and tries to reload it.

Any ideas?

PrePavGav

Hello Experts!

I am having serious difficulty locating a new GPS board for my mt-6501. Maisun say they no longer stock them. Its annoying as everything worked fine except the navigation. I tried a new antenna but it says " no antenna is detected" in the igo8 software. I assume it is the gps board unless anyone knows what else it could be. The worrying thing is that its been in bits for that long now I'm not sure I can remember how to put it back together!

Thanks

Anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks

blade4real2004

hi guys new to the forum i just bought my brothers mk5 off him after selling my mk4 and my t5.

his mk5 got one of these radios in it and you used to be able to listen to radio and use the satnav at the same time but my brother has forget how you do it.

can someone tell me how you go it as he dont have any instructions for it and i have been endlessly fiddling with it to no joy.

any help would be great

blade4real2004

Sorry I asked my bother it not that radio they look the same the one I got is sagitar model: ce8904 I'm having trouble trying to get the radio to work while it's on the sat nav mode it was working but my brother is not sure what he has done to make it stop doing it

dsta

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All,

I'm looking into replacing my stock head unit on my 2005 Golf TDI.
Initially I was planning on getting the WD-6050\MT-6505\AS-7608 but when I looked at the manufactures websites I saw that there are newer models & I have some questions:

1. What is the difference between waywell, maisun & audiosource?
2. Are their models the same in terms of build quality\ SW stability?
3. Which company has a better customer service\can be trusted?
4. Which of the newer models do you recommend? MT-7761 or MT-8001 from maisun? what are the equivalent models in waywell? what are the equivalent models in audiosource?

Regards,
Michael

any answers to the above? Also considering upgrading my GPS

Thanks!

PrePavGav

Hello Experts!

Thanks

Someone please help!