GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel offset and tire fitment for 3SDM 0.06

Gee Spoolin

Although search shows bunch of threads regarding wheel offset, I couldn't seem to find the info I need for the mk5 R32. I'm a total idiot when it comes to wheel fitment anyway, so be gentle :biggrin:

I'm set with getting 3SDM's 0.06 wheel which comes in either..
18x9.5 et40 -- 5x112
18x8.5 et42 -- 5x112

My mk5 R32 has stock brakes all around and lowered with coilovers. I don't really care about the "stanced" look, although having the wheels sitting flush with the fenders would be nice. But I definitely don't want to go staggered, and I don't want to have to roll fenders if I can help it. So my question is... Is it possible to run 18x9.5 et40 on all four corners without rubbing issues? Or will I be better off with 18x8.5 et42 all around?

In any case, please let me know the tire size you recommend, and whether if longer bolts and spacers are needed. As always, any input is appreciated :thumbsup:

errmax99

Car(s)
2008 R32, 2011 STI
im not a huge vw expert since i just joined the seen from the subie side. but your prob better off going with the 8.5 42et all around. running that 9.5 with et40 will cost you some rolling and or even pulling on the fenders with a bit of camber too. also depending on how low you go id prob recommend 215/40/18 if your looking to lose gap but if you want more function then id stick with the stock 225/40 tire size and have a least 1-2 finger gap. i hope this helps cause like i said im pretty new to the vw side of tuning and still learning the ways.

Dutchy

Go Kart Champion
If you're not going for crazy stance, definitely stick with the 18x8.5 et42 set. They will sit nice in the fenders and shouldn't rub too much, depending on your ride height. 9.5et40 all around would definitely rub and require stretched tires and fender work. I would say 225/40/18 all around would be the perfect size without having to stretch too much.

Dutchy

Go Kart Champion
Here are some old pics of 18x8.5 et 45 with 225/40/18 Hankook Ventus, so you can get a rough idea of how they would fit on your car. The 3SDM would poke 3mm extra, but that's negligible.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383075233.667056.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1383075242.716758.jpg

Katie83

Ready to race!
Thank you for posting those pics Dutchy! I'm wanting to put Audi BBS CHs on my R32 but didn't know how they would look compared to the stock wheels. I'm lowered on H&R springs.

Thanks also to Gee Spoolin for starting the thread! It's helped me too!

Jdl09gti

///Quickster
Car(s)
GTi MkV.
You should be fine with 18x8.5 ET42 with 225/40-18 tires.

Below is what I have on my rear set-up 18x8.5 ET 45 PLUS 8MM spacers in the rear. So the final ET would be 37 (right?). No rubbing issues in the rear and I'm lowered on Super-Sports. As for the front, its 18x8.5 ET 45 similar do Dutchy's pics. Hope this gives you an idea.

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
@Jdl09gti
Gees.. a kerb would make a 'mess' of that setup :(
I try to use tryes with a sidewall that is just a "little" bit wider than the rim flange. Ive 235's. Corrects the speedo too ;)

Katie83

Ready to race!
Quick question...I'm looking at a set of BBS CHs in 18x8 but the et is 30. I'm assuming these won't fit. I'm slightly low (on H&R springs) if that helps any. I don't know the bolt pattern yet. I'm awaiting a reply from the seller. It's a craigslist ad.

Many thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
Quick question...I'm looking at a set of BBS CHs in 18x8 but the et is 30. I'm assuming these won't fit. I'm slightly low (on H&R springs) if that helps any. I don't know the bolt pattern yet. I'm awaiting a reply from the seller. It's a craigslist ad.

Many thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where's the question in that? lol :iono: You could probably run those...Might have to stretch a tire though....Probably gonna need the screw-mod...

soul strong

There is a difference between how concave they are. I say run staggered. Correct tires and you'll be fine.
for reference. Pulled fenders and only -1.3 camber.
rears are the same as the .06 my fronts are et35. Just have a roll up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. No running issues