GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bad news

Fuck the Mk4....go rock a MK2 or mk1...You can work on them your own, they are peppy, fun to learn on, and don't cost as much...They might be ugly...but dubs always are...it will make you appreciate owning a newer one...

Me I have had about 5 mk2s and have loved every single one of them,even if some of them did leave me on the side of the road every now and then, but that is what it is all about...I know VWs roots...and the mk4, mk3s never had it...if you really want to know what a dub love is all about...go rock a mk1...show yourself how hardcore you really are

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
drbubble33 said:
as much as i want the MKv my parents wont help shed the money out for it. they say its too expensive and insurance costs too much for it. kinda sucks. now imma end up getting a scion or a honda or something economobile status. scion xB or the Honda Fit. ehh. i wish i got a job earlier to make up that extra dough. shiiiiitttt.
Could be a sign mate, just save up and get a r32 or r36. I wanted a 330ci used and i couldn't afford it, but then a year later [now] I found myself the proud owner of a GTI.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Man I wish I had parents that would shell out the dough for a new car. Must be nice!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
novaboy16 said:
Fuck the Mk4....go rock a MK2 or mk1...You can work on them your own, they are peppy, fun to learn on, and don't cost as much...They might be ugly...but dubs always are...it will make you appreciate owning a newer one...

Me I have had about 5 mk2s and have loved every single one of them,even if some of them did leave me on the side of the road every now and then, but that is what it is all about...I know VWs roots...and the mk4, mk3s never had it...if you really want to know what a dub love is all about...go rock a mk1...show yourself how hardcore you really are

+1...or why don't you just keep the passat you already have!?!

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
drbubble33 said:
as much as i want the MKv my parents wont help shed the money out for it. they say its too expensive and insurance costs too much for it. kinda sucks. now imma end up getting a scion or a honda or something economobile status. scion xB or the Honda Fit. ehh. i wish i got a job earlier to make up that extra dough. shiiiiitttt.
DANG MAN OH SNAP, the humanity. Well if your going to have to get a scion or honda. I may have something for you.

i'll sell you my wifes xB she wants to upgrade anyways. Let me know I would let it go for excelent price on kbb is 15k. I will let it go for that, but make me an offer. Its a 2005 Scion xB Polar White (bought JAN 2005), ADR wheels 17" with 1 month old tires. only 14-15k miles on her, driven mostly localy. Pretty much stock o la except for the ADR wheels, foglights, rear deck cover. Very clean.

PM me for pictures or more info. and good luck on your choice ether way. :drinking:

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
Dave, Tek & trick I could not agree more.

If you buy it yourself, it makes you appreciate it a LOT more in the end and teaches responsibility. Perfect example, I have paid for every car I ever owned including insurance, my cousin had everything handed over on a silver platter. Years later, we are in two VERY different situations. I enjoy the fruits of my labor (not to quote alf... plus, that made me sound old LOL) while he drives a POS because the parents eventually cut him off and he had to learn to make it on his own in the 'real' world. The earlier you learn that lesson in life, the better off you'll be in the long run.:biggrin: And just think, while we are driving our two year old GTI's, you will have the newest, latest & greatest. :thumbsup:

smp85 said:
+1...or why don't you just keep the passat you already have!?!

I did not even notice that you are driving a passat...

What year is that? What motor?

If it is a 93 with a 16v that you bought then you are a good man...

If it is a newer one and your parents bought it, ummm...keep it and then save up and enjoy being responsible...Don't be a cry baby cause your parents won't buy you a fun toy that you probably won't appreciate anyway...

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Lol, now that I think about it, I did sound pretty old saying that, I got that phrase from my uncle omar. Hehe.

Geez, you have a passat and you want more as well? Pfft I wouldntve taken the passat, maybe I'm too full of pride.

When I was 16 my mom gave me her 1998 new beetle, I made it great, but it wasn't right, I thought to myself "how am I going to take my moms car?" so I gave it back to her when I could afford my downpayment on another car. 2 cars later, here I am, in a gti. And my credit roxors.

Next I plan to buy a home. :) if I would've done it all over again, I would've bought a home first. Real estate is one of the best investments u can make.

alf

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
im only 18 right now and im payingfor my gti. i was fortunate enough to have my parents support so they helped me with the initial down payment, but now im on my own.

just wait it out, im sure you will eventaully get your gti.

sammo

Go Kart Champion
heftylefty said:
im only 18 right now and im payingfor my gti. i was fortunate enough to have my parents support so they helped me with the initial down payment, but now im on my own.

just wait it out, im sure you will eventaully get your gti.

What was the down payment :p

drbubble33

Drag Racing Champion
i agree with all yall. on the plus side i might be able to afford the MKvi when it comes out. due to all the money ill save on gas traveling to LA and back to san jose.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
in the UK, drivers in their teens can only dream of driving a new GTI. the pricing is just way out of bounds for entry level driving.

young drivers mostly end up with old ford fiestas, nissan micras, renault clios, peugeut 106s. the stupid ones will try to mod these cars in order to race them.

this is the first car ive owned, being payed for by myself. because its my money i take good care of it and drive it responsibly.

i wouldve loved a GTI but its just way beyond my reach financially, despite my salary being quite reasonable.

GTI lover all over again

Over fifty and lov'n it!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
How can you teach someone responsibility and accountability if you hand over a car like a GTI to a kid, sorry son, but at 16 you are still just a kid, not old enough to vote.

I have made my children purchase and pay for their own vehicles, :eek:

yup, no free hand out here dude:thumbsup:

You appreciate what you earn!:headbang: