GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Progress/build thread- GTI

Blackhawk18

Mad man with a turbo
Car(s)
09 GTI
Hey,

another progress/build thread, which i'm using to keep track of my progress. I picked up a '09 GTI, with about 39k miles about 3 months ago, got it from a Nissan dealership (go figure). It's a 4dr, BMP, with a DSG trans.

I haven't done a whole lot to it. First thing I did was a vent mounted boost gauge from ECS. At the same time I attempted to tint my tail lights. (will post pics later). New Grill with no license plate holes (plasti dipped).

Had a set back....backed into someone's garage for a Cubs game. smashed my side mirror.:mad: Got some parts from the classifieds, all fixed and ready for my front lip! :biggrin:

I haven't taken a lot of photos but i will as i go on. there's nothing like before and after photos to really make you feel at home. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Blackhawk18

Mad man with a turbo
Car(s)
09 GTI
Got some blacked out side markers and hand carved fog grills
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337912557.492909.jpg

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well i could help myself to jump in on that group buy for the front lip.

i'll post pics when i put it on. :happyanim:

install was really simple and it looks awesome! :thumbsup:

Sh4wnT

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 rabbit
maybe at the top of the list a full detail if not already done, or just blurry pics.
i cant remember the company at the moment but they make a detail kit for black cars the out come is really really nice.

save for coils, it took me about a year to do coils, you wont regret it. in the mean time do the little things to keep it looking nice and going strong. you'll be disappointed with springs after 2 minutes.:wink:

Blackhawk18

Mad man with a turbo
Car(s)
09 GTI
maybe at the top of the list a full detail if not already done, or just blurry pics.
i cant remember the company at the moment but they make a detail kit for black cars the out come is really really nice.

save for coils, it took me about a year to do coils, you wont regret it. in the mean time do the little things to keep it looking nice and going strong. you'll be disappointed with springs after 2 minutes.:wink:

I actually use a couple of different products from the chemical guys... i'll post some updated pics soon, after i get my front lip.