GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Rear V-DUB Logo

BLACKMAGICGTI'06

Rally Car Champion
OK this is real short and its a simple thing too.

Step 1) Using an old Credit card or not so used card (library card) slip the card into the gap between the logo and the hatch release as illustrated in figure 1.

Gently slide the card around the entire logo cutting all the double sided tape that VW used to hold it in place.
gently pry the logo from the backing. the logo is actually a separate piece from the back plate see figure 2

Back Plate is labelled A
Logo is labelled F

Why those letters you may ask BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!!!!
then sand em both down prime em and paint em whatever color you want.
re-mount it using 3M double sided tape and take some pics and post em here

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
nice

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
mine is different... mine is just a metal piece with the VW part sticking out... that looks like 2 different pieces?

Nikerey

Darkness
they are all the same, the chrome peice is held on with clips and the plate behind it is double sided taped to the hatch release

not true, the first GTIs had a single piece rear badge, one where you couldnt see the backing plate. I thought they were all 2 piece with the holes like the one in the above pic until i met a guy from down showth that showed me his.

sorin

Passed Driver's Ed
Maaan was I waiting for this topic.Glad I didn't rip it apart :D
Thanks BLACKMAGICGTI'06!

GolfRS

Banned
Well mine is a single piece with chrome painted logo, kinda like the type you find in wheel caps, only bigger....

I guess no painting for me huh....:iono:

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
Well mine is a single piece with chrome painted logo, kinda like the type you find in wheel caps, only bigger....

I guess no painting for me huh....:iono:

yea mine is the same single chrome piece... its ok its just that we got some of the first gti's no biggy lmao

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Mine was held on with clips.