DIY Rear V-DUB Logo

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
what about removing the front emblem?

Maseroche

Ready to race!
I'm doing this as well. Looks better than the chrome logo.

pbfoot

Ready to race!
you COULD try to pry it off w/o taking the backing off, but I would advise against it. the chance for damage is high and a roll of 3M is all of maybe $3.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
i go to osh today saying i need some strong double sided tape for a car emblem. they have me show them the rear emblem and are thouroughly convinced its held by glue or clips or some shit. are you guys 100% sure its held by double sided tape? sorry to ask stuff over and over again, i just really wanna make sure before doin anything

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
i go to osh today saying i need some strong double sided tape for a car emblem. they have me show them the rear emblem and are thouroughly convinced its held by glue or clips or some shit. are you guys 100% sure its held by double sided tape? sorry to ask stuff over and over again, i just really wanna make sure before doin anything

I dont get your question. It doesnt matter what it is held on by now...just get double sided tape or krazy glue(thats what I use), pry that sucker off do your thing and re-apply

adamgti

Trust me, I'm an engineer
Car(s)
07 CW GTI 4 dr
Si I have an 07 too. the way it works is that the entire two piece assembly (black backing and chrome VW logo) is held on with double sided tape on the back of the black backing, the chrome VW logo is held onto the backing with clips. Just use a credit card and slide it in between that gap in the first pic, it's a little hard at first but if you keep sliding it back and forth like a saw you'll feel it start to work it's way through the tape.

Sagerabbit

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I sanded my logo down last week and liked the look of it. I was going to paint it after but my wife and i agree it looks better raw - looks like brused nickel or aluminium.

There was no tape holding the logo to the lever and it clipped right back into place when i reinstalled.

I used a sanding sponge to get into the corners and just sanded in the same direction. I'm going to do the same to all of the other emblems so they all match.:cool:

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
I sanded my logo down last week and liked the look of it. I was going to paint it after but my wife and i agree it looks better raw - looks like brused nickel or aluminium.

There was no tape holding the logo to the lever and it clipped right back into place when i reinstalled.

I used a sanding sponge to get into the corners and just sanded in the same direction. I'm going to do the same to all of the other emblems so they all match.:cool:

front one isn't metal

pbfoot

Ready to race!
to all of you who say there is no tape holding it on, that is false. like trojan said earlier the whole assembly (on all years) is held on with double sided tape, while the metal VW emblem is held to the plastic back with clips.

Sagerabbit

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
the rear large VW emblem on my car is plastic, not metal and it is very true that MINE was not held on by tape. When I took it off there was no tape or glue left on the lever or the rear of the emblem. I think the front VW emblem is different though b/c some guy backed up into my emblem and caused the shiny foil overlay to crinkle. Maybe i will just sand off the foil part and go from there...

pbfoot

Ready to race!
if yours was not held on by tape, then you didn't remove the backing and only removed the chrome logo.