I'm chasing perfection
Car(s)
your mom
no double sided tape on mine :thumbup:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Nice, Im gonna go do this shit right now!!!

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Damn, credit card wont fit. . . . . going for attempt #2

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
O.k., just got it off. Heres the clarity that was once withheld before. Theres actually three pieces. Everything you see from the rear comes off, even the black plastic piece you see behind the chrome emblem, it all comes off as one piece. then once you get those two pieces off (from the double sided tape), then you can detach the chrome emblem, via plastic clips. The chrome emblem is held onto the red part that he painted by plastic clips, behind the red part is double sided sticky that sticks to another plastic piece. I really hope this helps. Good luck yall.:thumbup:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
So I got the emblem and back piece off as one, then pulled the emblem off the back piece, and sanded the hell out of it to get as much of the chrome off as i could, basically just trying to scuff up the chrome as much as possible, and then went and bought some of that Krylon Fusion paint in black (Too bad they dont make a Black Magic color) and painted a few thin coats on it, it looks real clean. Ive got it sitting under my workbench lamp right now so it stays at least slightly warm Hopefully I'll have the results with it installed in a few days. Easy DIY guys, if youre at all interested, dont let it scare you, just go at it!

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Anyone got a good idea for paint on this chrome VW emblem? I tried scuffing it up and using that "Fusion" paint but it scratched right off, easier than anything Ive seen before! :mad: :cry: :frown:

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
The emblem is metal, right? Fusion paint is made for plastic, right? That is probably your problem. Here is what you do.....Go to your dealer tell them you want a spray can of BMP. They order it, 25 bucks. You get a 4oz spray of BMP AND a 4oz spray of clearcoat. Boom...bam....color matched emblem. OR you can get that duplicolor stuff from an autozone, automart, pep boys or whatever you got out there in Cali. :thumbsup:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Well I tried sanding the chrome plated plastic first, not removing all of the chrome plating, just scuffing it up. The Fusion paint says good for metal as well, otherwise I wouldnt have used it. And I didnt use primer either, because it also said it didnt need it. Do you think the OEM paint is better than that stuff I can buy in a store? It would make sence. How would you do it? Just to get another POV. I cant go get another rear emblem cus the dealer wants to charge $250.00 for it.:thumbdown:

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
Sweeet - this is the first logojob that might look good on my whitey! I think I'm gonna go with a purple background... :smoking:

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
Well I tried sanding the chrome plated plastic first, not removing all of the chrome plating, just scuffing it up. The Fusion paint says good for metal as well, otherwise I wouldnt have used it. And I didnt use primer either, because it also said it didnt need it. Do you think the OEM paint is better than that stuff I can buy in a store? It would make sence. How would you do it? Just to get another POV. I cant go get another rear emblem cus the dealer wants to charge $250.00 for it.:thumbdown:

You're rear emblem is plastic? Huh...Mine is metal. Anyway you can just sand it down and try the paint from the dealer. The spray I got is very good quality...I scuffed mine up and primed it first with some model primer I had. Laid down several coats of reflex waited till the next morning then clear coated it....it looks the tits. :thumbup: I used duplicolor flat black on my front emblem it is OK paint....just don't over do it or it WILL wrinkle. Like any other spray painting, several light coats waiting 10 minutes or so in between coats. BTW my front emblem had chips in it a week later...I am going to clear coat it next time with some flat clear coat.

If you really want to get a new release handle, www.1stvwparts.com has them for 162 and change. Only buy parts from the dealer if you feel like bending over and grabbing your ankles....except the paint! Because you get the two sprays for 25 bucks...I didn't see it cheaper anywhere else...You may be able to find it cheaper though. I don't know. Good luck. Post up your progress. :thumbsup:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
well i went and touched up with a paint brush where I scratched on the rear and you cant even tell the scratch was there, Im really impressed with how the paint took the scratch. How long it will last is another story. As for the front, I just put it on yesterday, I used the same Fusion paint as I did on the rear, so we'll have to see in a few weeks how it holds up to small freeway rocks. I also re-painted my red grill stripe with the Fusion paint yesterday, going to clearcoat if its warm tomorrow, hopefully that will stick as well. :redface:

ZoomBy

Go Kart Champion
prime your emblem before painting

sand
clean
prime
sand
clean
prime
sand
clean
paint