GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Rear V-DUB Logo

Widebody MkVer

Performance Infused Style
no primer needed when u use the fusion paint by krylon.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Yeah thats what it says, Im going to try something though, Im going to go to TAP Plastics and get some plastic, cut it into thirds, prime two, then paint a primered one and a non primered one with the Fusion paint and the second primed one with the OEM BMP paint and once they cure, Im going to scratch em all up and see what holds the best. Just need to save to buy a can of $25 oem paint from the dealer.:thumbdown:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Hey Joe, are these numbers true? 264whp, 330wtq. I like those numbers, is that what you got with just those mods? Did you Dyno?

1sickgti

FaSt MkV
also this might sound wierd but r-vinyl.com get a sample of black sticker put it on the logo wet or dry and cut it with a good hobby knive if u do that it lokoks nice and comes out clean

OK this is real short and its a simple thing too.

Step 1) Using an old Credit card or not so used card (library card) slip the card into the gap between the logo and the hatch release as illustrated in figure 1.

Gently slide the card around the entire logo cutting all the double sided tape that VW used to hold it in place.
gently pry the logo from the backing. the logo is actually a separate piece from the back plate see figure 2

Back Plate is labelled A
Logo is labelled F

Why those letters you may ask BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!!!!
then sand em both down prime em and paint em whatever color you want.
re-mount it using 3M double sided tape and take some pics and post em here

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
is there any way to just take off the emblem thats clipped in? or do you need to take out the backing/emblem as 1 piece and then unclip the emblem.

It is possible to just remove the chrome part of the emblem. That's what I did when I removed my rear emblem to paint.

BadGTI

Ready to race!
How do you remove only the chrome piece if it is clipped? I tried the credit card thing and I am pretty sure there is no tape, but I can't get it off and I really don't want to have to take the whole thing apart.

I have an 08 gti and I stuck a screwdriver in the crack between the badge and the black part behind it around the edge just enough to fit a credit card in there. Then with that I went around the edges until I could stick the card much further in and up and eventually got it popped off. It was stuck on there with clips.

HipToss

Behind the iron sights
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I have an 08 gti and I stuck a screwdriver in the crack between the badge and the black part behind it around the edge just enough to fit a credit card in there. Then with that I went around the edges until I could stick the card much further in and up and eventually got it popped off. It was stuck on there with clips.

Were you able to reinstall with the clips, or did you need to use tape. Mine went on fine with the clips, a buddy needed tape as it would not snap back in?

Car(s)
08 GTI 6MT
i tried the credit card thing but doesnt work i have a 08 gti. is it tape or a clip on the 08s

sleeks

Ready to race!
Last edited:

Murf

Why so serious?
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I need some help guys, I went to take off my hatch emblem, and the gap isn't big enough to get a credit card into. It's practically flush with the tilting assembly.

Murf

Why so serious?
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I think it might be all clips though. I have an '09, and by the sounds of it, they changed how they're mounted from the earlier ones.