DIY Rear V-DUB Logo

Widebody MkVer

Performance Infused Style
slip the D Floss in and spread it apart, then use a C Card and pry it

Murf

Why so serious?
Car(s)
2009 GTI
here's a bad cell pic so you can see it, it's tight as hell. I can't really even get floss in there w/out it tearing.

I've already kind of gouged it because of how tight the fit is between the logo and the bracket

Murf

Why so serious?
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Well, I went back out with the mentality of...get the fucker off and if I break it I'll buy one of those $25 black plastic ones.

I stuck the tiny flathead in it again, and twisted and got it off by creating a gap and slamming the C Card into the gap.

It was all clips, no double sided tape.

Murf

Why so serious?
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Yea, so for anyone else scared to break theres...just use a very small flat head to start if yours is like mine, once it's between the latch and emblem, twist it, and slide the CC in. Then just work the card around the edge and pop goes the weasel.

DirtyJerzGTI

Dirty Dubbin'
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
So has anyone broke they're backing plate like I have? It was too cold when I tried getting my emblem off. (stupid) The emblem is fine but I need a backing plate - been going nuts looking for it and don't want to buy a new entire release handle. Any VW part guru's out there?

NAVY_GTI_Guy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 BMM GTI
Mine is just a plastic emblem held on by clips. I did what everyone said to do. Start with the C. Card. DIDNT WORK> Then tried the screw driver. I started on the far right side of the latch when there was enough room I slip the CC from there all the way to the other side. and then gave a light tug and POP. It came un clipped. Ill get some pics of it when i am done.