GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Subaru BRZ

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
compared to the camry, frs is niche,

compared to the crz, not as niche, more similar to civic coupe. which is not nichy. :happyanim:

Civic coupe rear seat

Brz/frs rear seat legroom with a full sized adult in front

Are you really comparing a 2 door variant of a mainstream icon with a tin can rwd 2 seater (+lol 2)

Lucidity

Marx
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10766 looks like they just about hit that target domestically

miata is also niche http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/mazda-mx-5-miata-sales-figures.html

corolla clearly is not niche

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla#Sales_numbers

5k, 25k, or 60k none of them compare with the 300k of a mainstream sedan, whats your point again?

how hard is it for you to understand that coupes will only ever have a fraction of the appeal/demand/production/sales of a sedan, this becomes even more defined in locations where a person may only be able to afford one car to handle needs more pressing than driving enjoyment. There are priorities higher than race car.

Heres usa sales where many driveways have 2 or more cars. Now imagine the difference in the rest of the world where someone is lucky to have one car or a driveway.

Personally, I want to be the guy that bought the only rx8.

Civic coupe rear seat

Brz/frs rear seat legroom with a full sized adult in front

Are you really comparing a 2 door variant of a mainstream icon with a tin can rwd 2 seater (+lol 2)

That picture is complete fucking bullshit. I sat in the back with my friend in the front at the FR-S promo event before they even came out, and I know it had more legroom than that. The issue, as with most sedan coupes is headroom. So bros up front hos to the back. Speaking of which, what kind of niche car has promo events with test drives and free shit all over the country in just about every major metropolitan city? The features of the FR-S are not what make it niche, the lack of value next to its competition are what make it so. You think the Mustang has a huge rear seat with tons of leg and headroom?

And your own charts disprove your niche theory. MX-5 5k sales, BRZ/FRS sales 5x that. Way to prove your point...

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
That picture isn't bullshit. Cause it looks the same as behind my seats right now. Unless of course you have a 5 foot Asian driving. Comfortable for me is pressed against the rear seat.

The rear seats are imaginary anybody who says otherwise is lying or as big as constant.

Far as headroom goes. I'm 6'3" long in torso(short in ding dong) fit better in this than I did in just about every sports car at the last auto show I went to. The roof bubble makes a nice difference.

Still had to change out the driver seat to fit with a helmet though. Which is fine. Because on my end it's the first car in the segment that has had enough room to even be an option.

And are you saying the sport car graphs are in any way comparable to the small and medium sedan ones? Cause the top 1 off either list basically equals the entire sportish car graph.

And miata has 20 years of availability. Frz has had basically one year after years of internet and journalist hype. I would expect a strong initial year followed by a dip.

I think a mustang is a lot larger in the rear seats, because I made sure to look while checking it out recently. * Also focus st had driving events at launch. * It isn't as a uncommon as you think.

Let's buy an rx8 and cruise together to a pride parade holding hands and dongs. We can argue the whole way and then angrily fuck each other silly in the back end till the hamstring cramps set in.

Last edited:

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
lucidity just angry no one is joining his circle jerk and he has to masturbate alone.

Lucidity

Marx
That picture isn't bullshit. Cause it looks the same as behind my seats right now. Unless of course you have a 5 foot Asian driving. Comfortable for me is pressed against the rear seat.

The rear seats are imaginary anybody who says otherwise is lying or as big as constant.

Far as headroom goes. I'm 6'3" long in torso(short in ding dong) fit better in this than I did in just about every sports car at the last auto show I went to. The roof bubble makes a nice difference.

Still had to change out the driver seat to fit with a helmet though. Which is fine. Because on my end it's the first car in the segment that has had enough room to even be an option.

And are you saying the sport car graphs are in any way comparable to the small and medium sedan ones? Cause the top 1 off either list basically equals the entire sportish car graph.

And miata has 20 years of availability. Frz has had basically one year after years of internet and journalist hype. I would expect a strong initial year followed by a dip.

I think a mustang is a lot larger in the rear seats, because I made sure to look while checking it out recently. * Also focus st had driving events at launch. * It isn't as a uncommon as you think.

Let's buy an rx8 and cruise together to a pride parade holding hands and dongs. We can argue the whole way and then angrily fuck each other silly in the back end till the hamstring cramps set in.

You're trying to compare apples to oranges. You can't compare cars outside its segment. I don't really see a point in continuing this, you want to act like because a car doesn't compete well within its segment it is niche. By your standard a Mustang or Camaro is a niche car, and while relative to auto sales as a whole that holds true, we aren't talking about car sales as a whole (at least I'm not, nor have I ever tried to compare it to any non-sports car). You're trying to argue the car is a success for you, while denying it is becoming a failure to those who made it. Toyota isn't a philanthropic venture, they didn't set out to make the perfect car for you, the set out to make a car that made them lots and lots of money, and currently it doesn't seem they are happy as a whole with that venture. If the car doesn't work for lots of people, they failed at their goal of delivering an affordable sports car in the minds of their demographic.

And I also went to a Ford promo drive, but it wasn't just for the Focus or Fiesta ST, it was for both, plus all their hybrid vehicles.... Not just one car. It was more of a hey come drive a Ford event, vs check out this one particular car.

In regards to the picture being bullshit, yeah it is, you're 7 inches taller than the average male in this country, to say that isn't a skewed or biased anecdote is nothing short of bullshit. With average sized adults, guys up front, girls in the back, you could definitely do 2+2. Is it perfect, no. Is it possible, yes. Most coupes these days can't fit tall adults in the back. The Mustang doesn't, the Genesis Coupe doesn't, G37s don't, even the fucking IS350 can't seat a fullsize 6ft tall person in the rear... (I haven't ridden in a Camaro so I couldn't tell you how the rear passenger volume is).

Pretty sure I offered to join

***** just don't think im pretty enough

At least you got one thing right so far.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Ginger thunder isn't 7 inches taller than the average man, he's just 7 inches longer than average (black dudes included) and he has no room for passengers either.

once you acknowledge that its retarded to think a car that serves poorly as a primary car would "sell well" in places where the average driveway has an total of <1 car then it can be over,

perhaps that would be why sales in the us are essentially at the targets and sales in other areas are lagging. that was my point from the beginning,

it doesn't appeal to the sort of person that wants things like rapid acceleration or space for hauling friends and family, it is however more usable day to day than a miata,

my point was never that the sales may or may not be as expected, my point has been was who the hell was dumb enough to expect them to be stellar everywhere. The fact that sales are within the expected range in the us and sub par elsewhere could be read as proof of my argument. As always you just like to nitpick and debate everything while pointlessly twisting statements into your viewpoint without actually taking time to read or consider the counter argument. Which means you'd be an ideal candidate for penismobile club.

thank you for providing a platform to promote ginger thunder.

Last edited:

Lucidity

Marx
Ginger thunder isn't 7 inches taller than the average man, he's just 7 inches longer than average (black dudes included) and he has no room for passengers either.

once you acknowledge that its retarded to think a car that serves poorly as a primary car would "sell well" in places where the average driveway has an total of <1 car then it can be over,

perhaps that would be why sales in the us are essentially at the targets and sales in other areas are lagging. that was my point from the beginning,

it doesn't appeal to the sort of person that wants things like rapid acceleration or space for hauling friends and family, it is however more usable day to day than a miata,

my point was never that the sales may or may not be as expected, my point has been was who the hell was dumb enough to expect them to be stellar everywhere. The fact that sales are within the expected range in the us and sub par elsewhere could be read as proof of my argument. As always you just like to nitpick and debate everything while pointlessly twisting statements into your viewpoint without actually taking time to read or consider the counter argument. Which means you'd be an ideal candidate for penismobile club.

thank you for providing a platform to promote ginger thunder.

All sports cars serve poorly as a primary car. So when comparing it to other cars in its own class that's a given. Sales are slumping, and while the sales goals were met, they weren't exactly high to begin with. Scion sales suck to start with, so you're not really measuring on a scale of relative success for the segment. I read what you typed, you've just started to change your tune, finally submitting that yes indeed, Toyota thought the car would sell better. Also one might say having the ability to accelerate quickly is important in the "sports car" segment. Final reiteration, the sales are not an indication that RWD coupes with small or as you like to state imaginary back seats can't sell well (particularly in the US), just that your particular flavor isn't strong enough to deter people from purchasing other cars in the segment, hence the sigh from upper management.

goneD4rk

Banned
Even the dodge avenger outsold the top selling sports car

Dodge avenger

sports car or sporty car?

Sporty cars sell. For example sport version of the camry. Manny tran, extra hp and other things :thumbsup:

wait, there is an Avenger Sport too!

Lucidity

Marx
Even the dodge avenger outsold the top selling sports car

Dodge avenger

I guess Ford and Chevy should just stop making Mustangs and Camaros then... I bet they are looking forward to the lead on the Toyaburu to commit suppeku any moment now too....

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I guess Ford and Chevy should just stop making Mustangs and Camaros then... I bet they are looking forward to the lead on the Toyaburu to commit suppeku any moment now too....

Yeah these cars are mainly to generate interest in the brand so they can sell tons of Impalas and Fusions where all the profit is!