GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Subaru BRZ

goneD4rk

Banned
Yeah these cars are mainly to generate interest in the brand so they can sell tons of Impalas and Fusions where all the profit is!

no, vettes, camaries, stangs have been around forever and the fan/owners are everywhere.

Anyone with any serious interest in one of the above will not buy a fusion or impala instead. :yikes:

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
no, vettes, camaries, stangs have been around forever and the fan/owners are everywhere.

Anyone with any serious interest in one of the above will not buy a fusion or impala instead. :yikes:

Their wives need cars too slick and they may want a practical dd

Unless your home is a trailer your only car isn't normally a vette, camaro, mustang, or frz, that's just the toy sitting in the garage next to a nice shelf of Walmart grade waxing and wash supplies near a picture of shirtless Joe Biden.

Which was my point on the frz sales.

Lucidity

Marx
Yeah these cars are mainly to generate interest in the brand so they can sell tons of Impalas and Fusions where all the profit is!

Right, which is why they spend so much time and money in R&D to redesign them every few years... They aren't Veyrons or LFAs, they build them because they sell, and make money. I'd also be willing to wager the margins are better on them as well.

Lucidity

Marx
This could be said about every car sold

To the point where if a model isn't selling/making money they stop making it. Or a division as a whole, like Scion, which Toyota has already begun allowing dealerships to drop.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
To the point where if a model isn't selling/making money they stop making it. Or a division as a whole, like Scion, which Toyota has already begun allowing dealerships to drop.

But that's marketing not R&D. Scion as a whole was a marketing experiment. No secret all companies make wads of cash internationally on small shitty cars. This was Toyotas stab at doing that in North America. Trying to prop up the brand with a niche car like the FR-S was a mistake. It would have served the company better branded as a Toyota domestically as well. It may have even helped the car sell better.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla

From the horses mouth today.

Your response sir?

goneD4rk

Banned

Your response sir?

Who cares?

They only make what people will buy. Subaru or toyo are NOT losing money is my point. :readthethread:

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
Bahahahahaha omg. Is this guy for real....

Lucidity

Marx

Your response sir?

A) Updates is vague in terms of the car world. The S2000 was "updated pretty much every year from 2000-2003 IIRC, prior to the AP2 refresh. Those "updates" were quite minimal at best.

B) It wouldn't be the first time someone oversold and under delivered. Things change and what is planned now can always be panned later.

C) If sales are already starting to slump, that's not a good sign.

D) That's a lot of talk for someone who doesn't make those decisions.

E) Another article about lackluster sales:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/voices/...8d7d23856c&origin=http://www.roadandtrack.com

Last edited:

Lucidity

Marx
But that's not the fault of the car!!!

If you read the article the guy pretty much contradicts his title thesis, by stating the prospective buyers already know everything about the car, so the salespersons lack of knowledge doesn't exactly hinder someone that really wants the car to start with. He does state that knocking 2k off the price would help move it a lot more, which I would agree with, I also think the car would do better moving slightly up segment and adding at least 75 more hp, but that's just theory. I neglected to mention the author also mentions having 3 people in the car on a test drive... How is that possible???

I would say the fault of the car is all the things mentioned in the first few paragraphs. It's a bit too small, it's too under powered, and it doesn't stack up well to the competition in terms of numbers. I would say the Genesis Coupe is smaller, but it packs much more power for the dollar. Don't know how those are selling in comparison though.