GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Audi A3 Sedan (Warning: Round Vents Inside)

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
And this is very subjetcive, but to me loaded hatch + AWD + k04 TSI + manual >> sedan + AWD + K04 TSI + automatic.

edit... just remembered Golf R is FSI, no? Oops.

Last edited:

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
S3 uses the same platform as the MK7...Soooo...note to VW, drop the S3 engine into the Golf R and call it a day :thumbup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Ok, maybe I exagerated, but a loaded Golf R is what, $35k? Surely the entry level S3 for $39.9k will be stripped down, much like the current A3s that are priced similar to an Autobahn GTI. My facts could be off though, a base GTI was kind of the top of my budget, so I was never looking at cars in that range. I've just seen you mention your A3 lacking content.

Premium R with delivery stickered around $38K. it sold for that initially, but now can be had for just under $34K with outgoing models left.

Correct, my A3 that stickered at $37K is lacks much content compared to a $32K autobahn GTI.

And this is very subjetcive, but to me loaded hatch + AWD + k04 TSI + manual >> sedan + AWD + K04 TSI + automatic.

edit... just remembered Golf R is FSI, no? Oops.

It will be the same engine most likely. DSG is not the average automatic, but point taken.

S3 uses the same platform as the MK7...Soooo...note to VW, drop the S3 engine into the Golf R and call it a day :thumbup:

same engine as the R, same chassis as the Jetta , one would imagine.

They're likely already the same with a different tune.

this^

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't hold my breath that standard equipment list is way too long.

McQueen77

Banned
I like this car a lot, but I think it'll be pretty small. Its basically just a nicer GLI. Stylish

"the A3 comes nicely equipped with a panoramic glass sunroof and bi-xenon headlights with integrated LED daytime running lights. The car will also have leather seats, Bluetooth connectivity and a standard six-speed S tronic transmission."

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113102464998/2015-audi-a3-sedan-pricing-announced-us

Am I reading this right? Panoramic sunroof standard??

If this is true, it makes it that much more appealing because it means you could get a base model and still have sunroof, s-tronic and bi-gaynon headlights.. too bad all that stuff makes the car so heavy and ROBS PERFORMANCE!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Headlight weight reduction mod FTW :laugh: come on mang...

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I think its going to be FWD standard, Quattro extra. And probably have the 1.8t as the base engine, to bring the base price to 30k.

Nevar lose!

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I like this car a lot, but I think it'll be pretty small. Its basically just a nicer GLI. Stylish

If this is true, it makes it that much more appealing because it means you could get a base model and still have sunroof, s-tronic and bi-gaynon headlights.. too bad all that stuff makes the car so heavy and ROBS PERFORMANCE!

Goddamn sunroofs. How is a family sedan supposed to set a record ring time with a standard sunroof? What were they thinking?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
My buddy just got a ROW A3 in at his dealership for preparation of the Chicago Auto Show. He said it's actually pretty impressive.

When he gets a US spec one, we're gonna go to lunch and I'll do a quick review with some pics, etc. :w00t: