GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Ford Focus ST interior much better than GTI"

jrokami13

Ready to race!
I drove a ST a few weeks ago...it torque steers like a pos boosted Honda, looks like a spaceship inside and out and isn't much faster than a stock Gti...only good thing is the seats

Agreed. With the extra hp it is ONLY 1 second faster than a stock GTI based on a comparison that was done of the two platforms. Let's see what the aftermarket brings.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
BECAUSEWHOCARES2K12

JhnR

Banned
balls

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Simply said paid for or biased review.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

McQueen77

Banned
oh now ford makes a better interior? give me a break. press just jumps on the new thing, whacks it real hard over it for a while.. until the mk7 GTI comes out and then that'll be the best hot hatch ever. its all BS.

Merkle

Banned
I'm kind of surprised about the interior comments. In his review of the GTI he praised the interior quality and how well it was put together. It was a DSG model so he couldn't comment on the manual transmission.

I agree with Bodhi, its Apples to Oranges until the MKVII comes out.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
ahhh fuck the ST I'll wipe the road with those things all day long... Everybody on my facebook keeps posting about the ST and how its "so fast," I keep waiting for the day that some guy rolls up beside me and thinks hes fast in his ST.... I shall show him otherwise.

The seats are nice yes, but not sold on the looks at all, and it has no history what so ever, so we don't know the long term. Maybe after a few model years it'll be worth considering. Now on the other hand I welcome the Focus RS!!!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The seats are better, and the nav screen interface is much bigger.

The GTI is better packaged all around.

But the ST does ride smoother/quieter.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Is it faster & more Dynamic than the GTI? Yes.
Does it look better than the GTI? It is up to you.
I got the chance to drive the car,and it is a terrific car, the NAVI is bigger but not intuitive as the GTI.
Does it have a better a better interior? NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYY, Perhaps the seats are Recaro, but other than that, in that department if the ST has more features, still lacks the refinement of the GTI.
-The hatch volume is smaller
-The rear seats do not completely fold down
-The front seats might be nice and comfortable, still boy racer look.
-The dash is shiny and lacks of that organic feel from the GTI.
-Steering wheel not as nice as the GTI.