GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Ford Focus ST interior much better than GTI"

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
All the reviews I read stated that the Focus ST does indeed perform a little better than a GTI but the GTI has a much nicer interior and is more refined.
For the amount of power the Focus ST has it really is not much quicker than
the GTI...

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
All the reviews I read stated that the Focus ST does indeed perform a little better than a GTI but the GTI has a much nicer interior and is more refined.
For the amount of power the Focus ST has it really is not much quicker than
the GTI...

The car feels awesome when you drive it hard, aside from the slalom part, the DSG GTI could be close in the straight, and to make things fair a stage II would compensate the extra power of the ST over the GTI.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
stage 1 GTI is equal if not better than the ST imo.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
The car feels awesome when you drive it hard, aside from the slalom part, the DSG GTI could be close in the straight, and to make things fair a stage II would compensate the extra power of the ST over the GTI.

From the drag tests from Car and driver magazine,, a manual ST and manual GTI do the same time, 14.8. Yes they managed to do the SAME time with both car, but here the GTI has shitty all-seasons tires compared to real tires with the ST, both the ST has more power, more is heavier. The thing is that the ST has more top speed, 148 mph for the ST, and 125 mph for the GTI. So after a 1/4 miles, the ST would probably pull due to the limited top speed governor of the GTI.

So if we stick in a 1/4 miles drag straight, a stock Dsg would beat a stock ST. Then a Stage1, manual or dsg, would beat a ST.

And a stage2 GTi would destroy a stock ST, period.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
Comparing modified cars to stock is silly.
i don't see anything silly with an equal ko3/IHI turbo, fwd, 2.0 engine setup but only with a fair adjustment in tuning to have the same power output as the ST. and it's not like you're comparing a ko4/stage 2 GTI vs ST :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
i don't see anything silly with an equal ko3/IHI turbo, fwd, 2.0 engine setup but only with a fair adjustment in tuning to have the same power output as the ST. and it's not like you're comparing a ko4/stage 2 GTI vs ST :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The ST is cheaper than the GTI when equally equipped.

The are tunes out there for the Focus too that will make it even faster. So this is a pointless game to play.

253WHP and 320 wheel torque
And yes you can make a GTI faster than say a Corvette for an arbitrary price. But that makes the comparison just as pointless.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
looks like you'll want an ST over an R.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
did someone say something about balls?!?!?

I'd say screw em both and buy a super bee super azz yellow Dodge Charger.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
did someone say something about balls?!?!?

I'd say screw em both and buy a super bee super azz yellow Dodge Charger.
touche!