GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang Comes to L.A. With Flat-Plane V-8

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
All of what you say is complete bias against Ford and the Mustang. It is not too big and useless. For you maybe, but not for the people who buy them. They love them. I would love one. The fact that you call it a boat is just ludicrous. A boat does not mean heavy, as I am sure that is what you mean. Describing something as a boat means it handles like one. Turn the wheel and the boat takes forever to respond.

Mustang GT is shown at 0.96g and a Subaru BRZ was tested at 0.89g.

A Mustang GT would destroy a BRZ on a track in any way shape or form. A Mustang handles as well as an M3.

I honestly do not get the Mustang hate. You guys are ridiculous sometimes.

Sheer size alone it's a turnoff for me. In the hands of Randy Pobst a Mustang does well at the track. Wow. The list of cars less expensive and more I'd take over a Mustang is long.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
At the end of the day this is what the likely take rate will be.

60% will be the base V6
30% will opt for the turBRO
10% or less will opt for the expensive as fuck GT.
The GT350 will be a super limited edition collector car similar to the Boss etc.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have a hard time believing Ford couldn't find a way to cut weight and size on the Mustang, and make the GT handle less boat-like if they put some effort into it. They don't really have any incentive since, as Max points out, Mustang sales are robust. As long as Ford continues to chase the largest common denominator, the Mustang will remain heavy and large.

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
Comparing brz and mustang is just retarded. For the majority of American landscape, the BRZ is just way too underpowered, less fun and not practical enough. Wrong market. The Mustang on the other hand at least delivers that oomph factor that one can enjoy daily on the way to work, especially from 0 to 65, or 75, or even 155mph. BRZ without proper roads is a useless car.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
The more photos I see, the more I love it. Oh, and that V8! :drool:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Comparing brz and mustang is just retarded. For the majority of American landscape, the BRZ is just way too underpowered, less fun and not practical enough. Wrong market. The Mustang on the other hand at least delivers that oomph factor that one can enjoy daily on the way to work, especially from 0 to 65, or 75, or even 155mph. BRZ without proper roads is a useless car.

My Vibe is overpowered for the American landscape :lol:

55/65 mph speed limits and roads full of CVT sedans = power is useless.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
All of what you say is complete bias against Ford and the Mustang. It is not too big and useless. For you maybe, but not for the people who buy them. They love them. I would love one. The fact that you call it a boat is just ludicrous. A boat does not mean heavy, as I am sure that is what you mean. Describing something as a boat means it handles like one. Turn the wheel and the boat takes forever to respond.

Mustang GT is shown at 0.96g and a Subaru BRZ was tested at 0.89g.

A Mustang GT would destroy a BRZ on a track in any way shape or form. A Mustang handles as well as an M3.

I honestly do not get the Mustang hate. You guys are ridiculous sometimes.

Tires, brah.

My Vibe is overpowered for the American landscape :lol:

55/65 mph speed limits and roads full of CVT sedans = power is useless.

:laugh:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I have a hard time believing Ford couldn't find a way to cut weight and size on the Mustang, and make the GT handle less boat-like if they put some effort into it. They don't really have any incentive since, as Max points out, Mustang sales are robust. As long as Ford continues to chase the largest common denominator, the Mustang will remain heavy and large.

It does not handle like a boat. Jesus. It would put what you drive to shame in any handling test.

Couldn't find a way or just simply do not need to? They could, but why? To appeal to people who would not even buy the car anyways? They know their market, and build the car that best serves that. Not the small amount of people screaming for a lightweight car with low power. FRS and BRZ are low volume cars partly because they only appeal to a very limited audience to start with.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion

Yes. It'll probably take (new) mpg requirements to get them to move. It has happened before...see the forgettable Mustang II of the mid/late 70's.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
It does not handle like a boat. Jesus. It would put what you drive to shame in any handling test.

Couldn't find a way or just simply do not need to? They could, but why? To appeal to people who would not even buy the car anyways? They know their market, and build the car that best serves that. Not the small amount of people screaming for a lightweight car with low power. FRS and BRZ are low volume cars partly because they only appeal to a very limited audience to start with.

:word:

Fat people demand fat cars, that's the free market at work.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
:word:

Fat people demand fat cars, that's the free market at work.

Still don't consider the Mustang a fat car. Aluminum is really the only way to save lots of weight and keep the price roughly the same. Name other cars that have moved to mostly aluminum construction at a price that the Mustang is in?

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Cadillac ATS 2.0T is pretty close to Mustang 2.3T pricing if you look at real world as opposed to MSRP. It manages to be 100+ lbs lighter while having 4 doors and a premium badge... and has an engine bay big enough to fit a V8.