GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Funny Audi Comic RE: Avant models, etc. (Troy, click here)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Got a kick out of that one. Probably true....

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
most ppl in the states hate wagons, that's a fact.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
SUVs are popular because men refuse to drive wagons, even 550hp ones because your average American doesn't know what an S6 Avant is.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
550hp wagon that costs 100k... at that point you get a 911 not an audi wagon. An SUV is a lot more utilitarian.

And if you wanted something that stupid then you get a Jeep GJ SRT8...

http://www.drivesrt.com/2014/grand-cherokee-srt/
8 speed auto and 470hp for 63k

and then trade it in on a GTI 6 months later.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

It is, considering there is no reason to buy a 4500-5000lbs bloated wagon that can't tow shit and hit any kind of mud. Those are the cars mentioned in the cartoon.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I didn't know Americans were buying luxury SUV's for towing and off-roading, the ones I see are used for going to the dentist and the mall.

Kind of like buying an M3 to NOT track it, fucking waste of money.

Plain old A6 Avant with the 3.0T would run with the SRT Jeep if we could buy it and for similar price if not slightly less. Most likely slightly slower in a straight line and WAY WAY WAY faster in anything involving turning and/or braking. SRT Jeep also has shit for towing and off-road capability AFAIK...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Link to a6 hitting .90gs in the corner and stopping in about 110ft.
Plenty of idiots also track the srt 8 jeeps. The only way the a6 is better is in mpg. And frankly who cares when you're blowing 60k on a brick

Last edited:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
http://www.edmunds.com/audi/a6/2012/road-test-specs.html

.90g and 111 ft braking on previous gen A6 with small 255 tires for a big car.

SRT Jeep ran 8:49 around the ring with Sabine at the wheel on big 295 summer tires. 12 years ago the RS6 ran 8:20 on 2-generations old chassis, engine, slushbox, and tire technology. It is not comparable in performance besides straight line acceleration.

SRT Jeep ground clearance? 8.3 inches. Towing capacity 5000 lbs until MY 2014.

2001 allroad ground clearance at off-road level? 8.2 inches. Towing capacity also 5000 lbs...

SRT Jeep cargo space 69 ft^3. 2001 allroad space 73 ft^3.

SRT Jeep mpg 13/19. Fucking pathetic compared to A6, S6, RS6.

Last edited:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
audi has enough of urban SUV's except for q3 which is not available in america yet. rsq5 would be nice, a nice family car that has tons of power and decent offroading to least get me out of snow