GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to stop a stalker

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
I know this is an odd forum to post a question like this. But I seem to recall a couple officers of law who frequent this site.

I go way back on these forums from the day I bought my '06 GTI brand new.. no longer have it, sold it to put more money towards my first house.

Anyhow, I have been dating this girl for over a year now. She has been divorced for nearly two years and has two children with this ex. This guy really is scum, his children are scared of him and can't stand when they have to spend the weekend with him. (Court ordered) He has anger issues, and from what I can tell is bipolar. He does things to get at my girlfriend with no regard to the harm it is causing the children.

I have been to court, to defend myself against false accusations, on multiple occasions. (All successfully) I have also taken a ppo out against this person as he had called and threatened me and exhibited unstable mental behavior.

That PPO expired, and didn't do much good anyway as this person continued to drive down my street on a fairly frequent basis. He has even stopped at my driveway a few times to yell obscenities and the like. He's also followed me while driving in to work to yell more of who knows what....

My street is not a shortcut by any means and driving down it means he is going out of his way to drive by.

I am able to defend myself as I have a small arsenal at my disposal :biggrin:, but you can't prepare for everything. Especially if I am not home.

I am wondering what I could legally do to get this to stop. I am bound to work and don't have time to play around in court - as this guy does...

Does anyone have experience in situations like this. Any suggestions?
:help:

I deal with this stuff on a daily basis. First thing is to get the PPO renewed, and then listen to this guys advice \/
Go to Costco and buy a 4 camera HD Home Surveillance kit. 1 camera on each corner of your house. Submit 2 weeks of footage to your local PD

With a PPO in place, just the mere act of him driving by your house, or stopping by your house to yell at you is a violation of the order. Just reporting this to the cops would be good enough for him to get dragged to court, but getting him on video would be even better, as it is beyond a reasonable doubt that he violated the order. If he violates the order multiple times, it will eventually be a felony, and he will do prison time. The best part about this is, your GF can use the findings from your criminal case in a civil case against him to show that he has a pattern of violent, aggressive, stalking, and erratic behavior, and she can probably get the custody split modified so he gets no rights to the children at all.

Legally... there really arent any. Follow him one day until he gets to his house after hes at the bar or whatnot... and pull a gun on him and press it up against his head between his eyes... tell him if you ever see him following you or trying to contact your old lady again that youll be back. Then leave. Hell get the idea and wont bother you again. Trust me on this one.

^ Don't listen to this guy.

Good luck.

jimithing412

Common Sense Is A Myth
Car(s)
07' 5dr GTI
So you think one of those hd surveillance cams would be clear enough to identify it is actually the person in question driving by? He does drive a baby blue chevy venture. (Minivan) While it has a large dent in the passenger rear quarter panel, I think he realized to drive by so that only the drivers side faces my house

I work in a bar and we have over 20 camera's running 24/7. The clarity is excellent. Even in the weird lighting of a bar it's easy to recognize a face on the footage.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
i have never been in a situation like this, but couldn't you treat him like a little kid that wants attention? just ignore it? let him burn himself out and hopefully get on with his life? maybe he just sees he's getting to you so he keeps at it.

CharlieMKV

Go Kart Champion
I deal with this stuff on a daily basis. First thing is to get the PPO renewed, and then listen to this guys advice \/

With a PPO in place, just the mere act of him driving by your house, or stopping by your house to yell at you is a violation of the order. Just reporting this to the cops would be good enough for him to get dragged to court, but getting him on video would be even better, as it is beyond a reasonable doubt that he violated the order. If he violates the order multiple times, it will eventually be a felony, and he will do prison time. The best part about this is, your GF can use the findings from your criminal case in a civil case against him to show that he has a pattern of violent, aggressive, stalking, and erratic behavior, and she can probably get the custody split modified so he gets no rights to the children at all.

Good luck.

my .02...this sounds like a really good idea...the first time he gets dragged in to court he'll get the idea not to mess with you guys.

lextildeath

Ready to race!
Crazy idea #1) Have her testify that he raped her.

Crazy idea #2) Dremel the grooves out of a gun barrel so the bullets aren't traceable, and shoot him below the waist. (no attempted murder) Another variation: Ninja sword him below the waist.

Good idea) Have a neighbor call the cops on "a suspicious vehicle", like some one mentioned.

My mom always told me to walk away from fights. My dad told me never to start a fight, but if I come home with a black eye, he would give me another one.

Sometimes you have to fuck people up. It is not a gangster thing to do - murder would be gangster. Break an arm, a leg, a nose - maybe get some friends to hold him down while you body punch him.

Then show him your human side by saying something like, "Look, I know you are having a tough time with the divorce, blabla. You have the right to be these kids' father, but stop harassing me and the woman. I have to be a man too. If you come into my space one more time, I will fucking kill you and eat a plate of pasta over you while I look down at your dead, stupid fucking body."

If he says a sly comment after that, grab - don't punch or kick, GRAB his nutsack and twist it as hard as you can. Then repeat what you said.

If he still mouths off, you may be fucked. At that point, either he will out crazy you when you least expect it, or you will have to shoot him dead.

Seriously.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Wire a camera close to the street in the direction he goes, basically just for the license place. Either way he goes, he will be caught. So if you go get some sureveillance cameras, make sure you get some with a good amount of range to do this. Youll get him asap with a clear pic or vid of the license plate.

This is all if you have a house that you are able to put a camera at.. Say the end of the driveway out of sight.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Wire a camera close to the street in the direction he goes, basically just for the license place. Either way he goes, he will be caught. So if you go get some sureveillance cameras, make sure you get some with a good amount of range to do this. Youll get him asap with a clear pic or vid of the license plate.

This is all if you have a house that you are able to put a camera at.. Say the end of the driveway out of sight.

i was thinking the exact same thing. Hide it in the landscaping. I'm sure they have fake rocks etc to stash them in.

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
Get him sent to the hospital for manic behavior. My roommate is fucking insane (diagnosed with bipolar disorder) and he still smokes weed, drinks alcohol and caffeine and I've always been pretty worried he will do something desperate because he has been progressively getting a lot weirder, secludes himself a lot (taking only 7 credits when the minimum is 12 here) and more violent, especially the other night when he was drunk. I have his parents number and I always feel like if anything will happen he will be basically sent to a mental hospital where he will likely spend a good amount of time.

If this ex is legitimately bipolar or has other underlying issues you need to let the court know and that his manic behavior is jeopardizing you and your family court ordered or not. I haven't felt safe around my roommate for months because of this and I know there will be a point where he cracks and I hope I'm not there when it happens and you should not let those kids be there when your wife's ex might have a manic episode. Last time my roommate had a manic episode (after smoking weed right before bed like a dumbass) he was hearing voices of other people talking to him and all this other pretty scary shit. If you can somehow get this guy diagnosed and find some instability with him then I think you should definitely take action because from what I noticed with my roommate is that he has no regard for other people, people are basically commodities to him and I mean if this ex has that kind of mentality no telling how much negligence he really puts forth to those kids when they stay with him. Just my 0.02 but if there is really something wrong with this guy, it's your responsibility to fight for those kids to get out of it regardless of the effort you're capable of putting out because of your job.

J-DUB

got splashback?
seriously, the pussy is that good to stick with it through all of this?????

davesee

FIA GT Champion
i have never been in a situation like this, but couldn't you treat him like a little kid that wants attention? just ignore it? let him burn himself out and hopefully get on with his life? maybe he just sees he's getting to you so he keeps at it.

I am ignoring him at this point, and I've purposely not said a word / responded to him so that it shows that it is not bothering my person. But he is not going to stop because there is something wrong with him.

My concern is my house, and whoever may be in it at the time should he do something "extra" stupid.

I suppose I'll try some cameras, maybe capture him and take it with me to get another PPO. And if it gets approved, hopefully he'll be stupid enough to drive by again.

I just get the feeling that none of this will actually stop this person. He has had six PPOs taken out against him for various reasons in the past and yet he continues to do this. He will go to court and lie like it was his job, and of course the judge believes him, for who knows what reason :thumbdown: He thinks he is above the law. Unfortunately, it is very hard to get the appropriate evidence to prove otherwise.