GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just got deployed - FORCED!!!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
First of all, thank you for your service.

And it could be worse. I have friends that were 55 when they were "drafted". They were not in the Reserves any longer but they had a "special skill". So think about that - you could be a great-grandfather and playing in the sand!

And a reason some people prefer combat duty is they are making the military their career, and you can make rank faster in a combat zone.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
First of all, thank you for your service.

And it could be worse. I have friends that were 55 when they were "drafted". They were not in the Reserves any longer but they had a "special skill". So think about that - you could be a great-grandfather and playing in the sand!

And a reason some people prefer combat duty is they are making the military their career, and you can make rank faster in a combat zone.

lol, soo true

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
I have been to Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan, and a few other places for a short while. Total time over seas has been more then 12 years. What I do, is a very specialized talent

Government trained assasin?

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
such an awesome movie!
Yeah when hip toss said that it reminded me of the movie when he said "I have a set of special skills" it was great, and you would never know it was pg13? I looked into it & most of the fight choreography was all based on Filipino martial arts?

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Yeah when hip toss said that it reminded me of the movie when he said "I have a set of special skills" it was great, and you would never know it was pg13? I looked into it & most of the fight choreography was all based on Filipino martial arts?

I was thinking the same thing, especially because it was on one of the HBO channels like 2 nights before. I always thought it was R, damn I guess I don't pay any attention whatsoever lol.

Arnis is the only Filipino martial art I could identify by form (primarily because it's not open handed). Cool tid bit though! I do laugh everytime he barachial stuns the fuck out of the guy in the elevator though. It's an EXCELLENT compliance method, Jester tested, Jester approved. Not that you're unfamiliar with compliance lol.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking the same thing, especially because it was on one of the HBO channels like 2 nights before. I always thought it was R, damn I guess I don't pay any attention whatsoever lol.

Arnis is the only Filipino martial art I could identify by form (primarily because it's not open handed). Cool tid bit though! I do laugh everytime he barachial stuns the fuck out of the guy in the elevator though. It's an EXCELLENT compliance method, Jester tested, Jester approved. Not that you're unfamiliar with compliance lol.
True, I've been having great success with aikido wrist locks in a grappling/cqb situation. My law enforcement guys eat them up.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
lock & twist :biggrin:

Something like that. Though, I may be giving up my instructorship/training as I may be giving up martial arts soon. I'm looking for a second job since my wife isn't working, but that's another thread, I've thread jacked enough.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Something like that. Though, I may be giving up my instructorship/training as I may be giving up martial arts soon. I'm looking for a second job since my wife isn't working, but that's another thread, I've thread jacked enough.

Damn man, well take it easy and I hope all goes well for you. If that thread arises I'm there with some ideas.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
^ same here. got this msg in my inbox a couple days ago:

Terry ****** December 9 at 3:28pm
Are you interested in deploying early next year?? I am doing the hiring at this time.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
Was just offered a chance to go as a civilian with the Army.

Explain? I'm interested in seeing if the army would hire me to teach combatives at ft. indiatown gap to reservists getting ready to deploy. Wearing acu's shouldn't be to much different than a gi:iono:

HipToss

Behind the iron sights
Car(s)
2008 GTI
So I gotta go to MA to brief on deployment date and other details. I have about 6-7 weeks before S.O. so I have secured a week with Cheytac to train on LRT at night, and then up to SIG's for some newer computer acquisition solutions. I have used them and have a few on my long guns, but never at anything over 600 yards.

Oh, and I will be in the PNW for at least 3 weeks for climate acclimation. I dread this. I have done it before before a few tours, never a nice time. Creep and sleep, private outs, and low level shots... Ugh.

BTW... Pitbull... As I am sure you know the US Government never assassinates antthing, we neutralize the situation level. They are great at making what you do sound less nasty. :)