GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lexus LF-A Revealed and Priced

Scharf

It will last longer than a Ferrari or Lambo.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
I don't view the B8 S4 as overpriced although I would probably agree with the S5 and others.

So if it is a "limited production" vehicle why would anyone compare it to an Audi R8? (that is the point I was trying to make, in the price) Moreover how does it compare do other vehicles in it's class in regards to performance and cost?

As I stated earlier, it is surely an impressive car but not for the price they are asking. Not that I can afford one anyways. The new B8 S4 is about as rich as my blood gets in the next year.

I agree with you that the car is overpriced, but like the Enzo, MC12, SLR, CGT, its limited production cars. They're not going to charge the same as a ZR1, R8 v10, GT2 MSRP for it. I'm sure that within the near future there will be a detuned LFA which will cost alot less.

As for the whole R8 Vs LFA: I have no idea why anyone would compare the LFA to the R8 (regardless which engine). I was simply referring to a few posts which stated whether or not the R8 was overpriced, in my opinion it is.

Naturally our opinions are meant to differ, and they are subjective. :thumbsup:

As far as the whole B8 S4: The B8 S4 is a great car, (i drove the s5 cabrio which is pretty much the same thing except 2 doors and extra weight) but they're still overpriced (when you add decent options toit) if you compare them to their direct competitor (BMW 335i).

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
copied the rear from the R8 sorta, took their old supra smoothed some lines, changed the wheels, found a biggish motor and they want $375K. V10 R8 thanks

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
It's pretty sweet for a lexus. But meh.. for half the price I could have an R8 and be more than happy lol

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
I agree with you that the car is overpriced, but like the Enzo, MC12, SLR, CGT, its limited production cars. They're not going to charge the same as a ZR1, R8 v10, GT2 MSRP for it. I'm sure that within the near future there will be a detuned LFA which will cost alot less.

As for the whole R8 Vs LFA: I have no idea why anyone would compare the LFA to the R8 (regardless which engine). I was simply referring to a few posts which stated whether or not the R8 was overpriced, in my opinion it is.

Naturally our opinions are meant to differ, and they are subjective. :thumbsup:

As far as the whole B8 S4: The B8 S4 is a great car, (i drove the s5 cabrio which is pretty much the same thing except 2 doors and extra weight) but they're still overpriced (when you add decent options toit) if you compare them to their direct competitor (BMW 335i).

Fair enough, I'll agree to most of that. I considered buying a 335i when I got back from my last stint overseas but after reading horror stories about the HPFP and having two friends be on the verge of trading theirs back in because of the headache, I ended up deciding against it and figured I would wait a few years for the B8 S4 with the new 3.0TFSI Supercharged motor. When I built each how I would want them here is what I ended up with:

335i - $48,225 (leather, M Sport, heated seats)

S4 - $47,000 (sport rear differential)

So for me, they are pretty close in price for what I wanted out of each car!

Well not to take this thread too much more off topic, so back to it!

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion