GOLFMKV

off-topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
will definitely keep my ears out on this been seriously considering mounts but don't want to pay for the VF ones yet. Will watch to see what people think of these

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
For re-installation, all you need to do is hold the mount together and get those 4 bolts to the frame started, tightening those bolts will sadwich the mount back together - the rivets simply hold it together to make it easier..

For those intimidated by drilling rivets - the heads are only about 1/16" thick so it doesnt take too long to drill through them

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
Installed my BFI dog bone mount yesterday. Super easy install, and even on dsg it helped clean up the 1-2 & 2-3 shifts a bit. Not a night and day difference, but well worth $40.

Good job BFI. :thumbsup:

How long did it take for you to install it? It seems pretty straight forward...just not sure how much trouble it is to make it fit in there.

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
Will these mounts be stiffer than the VF mounts. I have all the mounts and I want more stiffness and I don't mind vibrations.

Anybody have any idea what these would do to a warranty? I understand the idea behind "if it causes it to break, it's not covered"...so I guess I'm wondering: what (if anything) could this cause to break?

Because I want one.

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
Anybody have any idea what these would do to a warranty? I understand the idea behind "if it causes it to break, it's not covered"...so I guess I'm wondering: what (if anything) could this cause to break?

Because I want one.

If you have a mod friendly dealer then they won't mind. If you are scared about warranty claims don't modify your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.