GOLFMKV

Recent Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
Had to Google it......I would be scared to screw something up!

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
Had to Google it......I would be scared to screw something up!

This is the only option where I live . Others include welding something to the ECU(offered by local Superchips dealer ) or shipping the ECU to states to have it chipped by hpa or apr.

Did lots of researching on this unit, and most of Audi/BMW/Vw on European forums swear by it. And for the price its a steal, u get two different maps +
the stock for $644 and 30 day money back guaranty if not happy with the results

power tune + 25 hp, 35tq
economy tune +18 hp, 30tq
blend tune +20hp , + 30tq

and from the user manual it's pretty basic steps to get ur ride tuned .

Connect
Read and save stock ECU image .
Send readings to viezu
Viezu sends back two modified maps
Write the map of ur choice to ur car
Done.

Chris@RT

Banned
I don't know the specifics of that companies unit but it most likely just reads and rights to small data areas in the ecu, it would not be a full flash rewriting the entire code like APR, GIAC, C2, Revo etc would do with an actual flash through their dealers.

The gains are going to be similar, however you can't get as much fine tuning done. Switching won't work without flashing over those sections again each time that sort of thing. These units are not for self tuning just self flashing.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
A bottle of water. It's hot in SD today...

HereToday

Banned
picked up Dirt3 this morning since I had some best buy reward zone bucks to spend.

Challenging to start it took me about 10 restarts to master the first level but now I'm getting the hang of it.

Driving Rig,
Wireless X rocker pro with old school mad catz wired wheel. Still in the air if the logitech setup is worth it for me since I dont really have anything to mount it too on my gaming chair and I've had the wired one for some time now.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
^^ Samsung makes really nice LCD's. I have to warn you they aren't the hardiest. My Lnt series only lasted 3 years before going out. Ended up picking up another samsung, because I love the picture so much.

Sony Bravia is also nice, just too pricey for me.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
I have an Ogio travel bag that I love, so I figured I would stay with them. I was really impressed with the irons when I hit them. Mizuno really doesn't advertise it very much but they they have a pretty comprehensive fitting program. They even had a "shaft optimizer" club that took 3 or 4different readings per swing, then averaged 3 swings together to give you shaft options. I was thinking exactly like you were, blades are out, but these were a great middle of the road option.

Yup. Mizuno's are still the best out there.

I almost bought a set of these a year ago, but couldn't justify it in the end.

Used to play 3-4 days a week when I was in high school and college, but those days are over :frown: If I get out once or twice a month, I'm feeling good.

So, i'll keep my old trusty 'shitty player' clubs in the hoofer, gives me more money for the toy car.

Been using them for 10 years now. I can deal with the huge head, since they have such a soft feel. I hate the offset, though. I play a natural draw to begin with, so if I have to try and work the ball at all, it's virtually impossible with these shovels.

HereToday

Banned
Is that silver controller worth the $60? I kinda need a new one, but it's so damn expensive... I can buy spacers for that much

you can get it off of amazon for $50 shipped. For the D-pad alone I'd say its worth it. even though at first it doesn't feel like it clicks much differently I can say after about 3 months of use I haven't had any accidental diagnal clicks. Also the Joy sticks are a little smoother which work great with additional FPS sticks and hiehgtened sensativity settings IMO.

Lucidity

Marx
Is that silver controller worth the $60? I kinda need a new one, but it's so damn expensive... I can buy spacers for that much

You can pick it up for 45 on sale. Buy and Amazon have run it at that a few times, at that price yeah. You get the controller plus a play and charge kit. The D-Pad is great and overall it's just nicer, everything feels smoother.

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman

panasonic tc-p42s30 plasma. Currently en-route to me via Fedex.

and

going to pick her up from the adoption center this weekend. She is a 1.5 year old dalmatian/pit-bull mix and an absolute sweetheart. I have not met a nicer dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.